• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 hd side channel

J

Joylovepulse967

I’m still goes nut about wbmp hd2. Why fresh 102.7 is on 92.3 hd2 . I want Pulse87ny on 92.3 hd2

That is a waste of an HD2. Put something original on it (Classic Rock, Oldies, etc). Other NYC stations also waste their HD sub channels.

It appears that stations in this area do not want to put money into additional HD subchannels. Given the small audience, there is probably little in it for them.
OTOH they are apparently quite willing to lease them out, or use them when there can be some gain. Generally this involves renting them to ethnic broadcasters. Several local subchannels have been recently utilized in that manner, by stations such as WBLS (Chinese), and WPLJ (Russian). In addition WVIP leases a channel to The Breeze. And WPLJ utilizes one for 'FAS FM, rebroadcast on a translator in Westchester County.
A few noncommercial stations such as WBGO and WFDU have been offering additional programming on their HD subchannels, as they are naturally not profit driven.

In addition not too many people know about HD Radio, it’s not widely available outside the car or a portable and the coverage is far less than the analog station.

I want bring up this again. What is on wbmp hd2 . I can not stand fresh 102.7 on 92.3 hd2

It’s ridiculous to rebroadcast WNEW-FM on WBMP HD2. Another classic rock HD station would be great

It’s ridiculous to rebroadcast WNEW-FM on WBMP HD2. Another classic rock HD station would be great

I'm not sure if NYC had Entercom before the merger. If you didn't in the market, let it be known that Entercom is well known to just rehash sister stations in the market on HD substations. CBS was better known to provide unique stations on the HD substations. I assume that it's a business model for Entercom, where they feel their money is better served somewhere else, and/or by rebroadcasting these stations on HD2 and HD3, they are getting better signal coverage. Again, I'm not too familiar with NYC, other than the AM stations that reach Boston from time to time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom