deepest radio voice on the air currently - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deepest radio voice on the air currently

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Earle Bailey of SiriusXM's Deep Tracks has an appropriately deep voice. So did the late George Taylor Morris, who I listened to on WCOZ Boston in the '70s long before satellite radio. He was Deep Tracks' first program director.
    you mean the same George Taylor Morris of WWDJ fame??

Quote Originally Posted by andreajesus View Post
    you mean the same George Taylor Morris of WWDJ fame??
    He worked in a bunch of places, so I assume so. He also hosted the syndicated "Reelin' in the Years" classic rock show for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    He worked in a bunch of places, so I assume so. He also hosted the syndicated "Reelin' in the Years" classic rock show for several years.
    oh ok, i thought so

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    I don't especially remember him as having pipes that would shame say, Leslie Nielson, but id memory serves, 'G.T.M.' was one of the original DJs on the WBLI staff out on Long Island. That was ~ 1971, after 106.1 was bought by Beck-Ross and went to strict 'much-more-music' Top 40. WBLI went to the top of the Nassau-Suffolk ratings quite quickly. And they've stayed very sufficiently healthy in those books for almost 50 years.

'GTM' was one of the originals.

I forget the original PD's name. He was out of the Midwest. Perhaps someone here will know .....

Sheff Fisco from Edison, NJ. He's a computer guy who does an occasional spot on the Greater Media stations. Dude rumbles about 40 hertz and makes so much money doing tech that he doesn't need the VO talent fees.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Charlie Van Dyke, of KHJ fame. Charlie also did a lot of V/O work for CBS radio, and was doing V/O's for KRTH, the last time I was in L.A.

Charlie Van Dyke was my first thought. He's still doing voiceovers for radio and TV, and now the K-Love network. He signed on the LA K-Love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12