• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

deepest radio voice on the air currently

deborahtoronto

Love those late night deep radio voices..but don't seem to hear them as much as in the past
from debbie.
If anyone has a voice like that..say hi.

This guy has the deepest voice on the radio, anywhere.
He begins to talk at :08 and also :17-:20 and :25-:29.
I have no idea what his name is because he never mentions it.
DavidEdwardo probably knows more about who he is.

This guy has the deepest voice on the radio, anywhere.
He begins to talk at :08 and also :17-:20 and :25-:29.
I have no idea what his name is because he never mentions it.
DavidEdwardo probably knows more about who he is.

I used to have the deepest voice in radio.......we broadcast from a building's basement. Oh.........not that kind of deep?

Earle Bailey of SiriusXM's Deep Tracks has an appropriately deep voice. So did the late George Taylor Morris, who I listened to on WCOZ Boston in the '70s long before satellite radio. He was Deep Tracks' first program director.

Lenny Greene, host of the Quiet Storm on WBLS, has the deepest voice in NY radio that I'm aware of.

if this thread had been started 10 or 20 years earlier, I would have DEFINITELY put Bobby Jay in this category - he had a DEEP voice back then (STILL does!)

Earle Bailey of SiriusXM's Deep Tracks has an appropriately deep voice. So did the late George Taylor Morris, who I listened to on WCOZ Boston in the '70s long before satellite radio. He was Deep Tracks' first program director.

you mean the same George Taylor Morris of WWDJ fame??

I don't especially remember him as having pipes that would shame say, Leslie Nielson, but id memory serves, 'G.T.M.' was one of the original DJs on the WBLI staff out on Long Island. That was ~ 1971, after 106.1 was bought by Beck-Ross and went to strict 'much-more-music' Top 40. WBLI went to the top of the Nassau-Suffolk ratings quite quickly. And they've stayed very sufficiently healthy in those books for almost 50 years.

'GTM' was one of the originals.

I forget the original PD's name. He was out of the Midwest. Perhaps someone here will know .....

Sheff Fisco from Edison, NJ. He's a computer guy who does an occasional spot on the Greater Media stations. Dude rumbles about 40 hertz and makes so much money doing tech that he doesn't need the VO talent fees.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Charlie Van Dyke, of KHJ fame. Charlie also did a lot of V/O work for CBS radio, and was doing V/O's for KRTH, the last time I was in L.A.

Charlie Van Dyke was my first thought. He's still doing voiceovers for radio and TV, and now the K-Love network. He signed on the LA K-Love.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom