• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1490 Milton

1490 has been silent for quite a while. I believe it is the only AM in North Florida that didn't apply for a translator. Presume it's DOA.

What interests me as much as whether the station will ever see the light of day again is the names associated with the ownership.

CDBS lists ownership as T O V Group, Inc. But the actual ownership (as filed in the STA to remain silent) is Camax Communication Group.

The principal behind that is "Baroness Maxine Ann Agasim-Pereria of Fulwood." And, as I discovered, she is a real person and a real Scottish baroness. What the heck she's doing running a radio station in Milton is anyone's guess. Even more curious is that the company name that the purchase was filed under was "Professional Humor, Inc."

Edit: After doing some more research this morning, I see that T O V Group Inc. is the current company name. It was previous Camax, and before that Professional Humor. In fact the same company has changed names fourteen times since 2001.

The whole thing, is, frankly, ridiculously fishy IMHO.

Shouldn't a Scottish baroness be ineligible to own a broadcast facility in the USA, on account of being a British subject (and therefore not an American citizen)?

Shouldn't a Scottish baroness be ineligible to own a broadcast facility in the USA, on account of being a British subject (and therefore not an American citizen)?

I think you can have a title bestowed upon you (via marriage, for example) and still be a citizen of a foreign country. I'm pretty sure the baroness is American. Regardless, she's been listed as the owner since… 2005? If nothing's been challenged since then, it's gotta be OK.

Is another AM-FM Translator filing window scheduled or is Milton's WTKE 1490 doomed?

With WEBY putting it's translator in Pensacola, 1490 was the only station left to put up a local Milton, FL translator.
Milton has had at least one local radio station for my entire life. Right now WEBY is the only local Commercial radio station left in Milton and they will start concentrating on Pensacola once their translator signs on.

Milton also has two Christian non-commercial FMs with local programming and high school sports.

Many of these AMs are doomed even with a translator. Try driving around Orlando sometime. See how far one of those translators takes you.

Luckily, Pensacola is a much more compact market than Orlando, so even a well-placed 99 watt translator should be sufficient.

WTKE 1490 Milton is back on the air with a Pensacola version of The Ticket WTKE-FM Ft Walton.

Thanks for checking that out. I'll update my website to reflect that change soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom