• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Really iHeart Do you know what's on WIOD?

Mike Sheridan

Star Participant
I received this message in an e-mail this morning. I thought it was both funny and sad.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s been a while and we don’t want you to miss out on all of the new songs that have been added to NewsRadio 610 WIOD Radio. Come back and continue to enjoy all the music you love like:

NewsRadio 610 WIOD

NewsRadio 610 WIOD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't make this stuff up!

I received this message in an e-mail this morning. I thought it was both funny and sad.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s been a while and we don’t want you to miss out on all of the new songs that have been added to NewsRadio 610 WIOD Radio. Come back and continue to enjoy all the music you love like:

NewsRadio 610 WIOD

NewsRadio 610 WIOD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't make this stuff up!

I came for the syndicated shows and stayed for the bumper music

Relax for five and a half minutes here
and for eight and a third minutes here.

Anyone remember Chris Baker over on WIOD?

(Crickets)

He ended up at KFAB 1100 Omaha. He's been fired over a racist Tweet. You can read about it HERE, at RI. It also made the national news, over at Newsweek (their coverage shows the deleted tweet). Warning: The image is extremely ugly. Not funny and a beyond a whole lot of stupid.

In today's broadcasting environment, where it is already hard enough to keep or find a gig, with this, he's done.

The name doesn't ring a bell but you'd think with so many people getting cancelled over crap they say on social media he'd have been smart to keep his racism to himself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom