• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKGE

WKGE am 850 is simulcasting WWGE 1400 with their 2500 watt temporary signal. Daytime They are strong in Westmoreland ,parts of Fayette,and Sommerset Countries. I wonder if they can go 2500 watts fulltime instead of the current 10,000 watts?

Not much money to be made at night. Better off with the stronger daytime signal. The bigger problem is it's directional north/south.

Thought I would post a quick update about WKGE while I was browsing the forum. They are now simulcasting WTRN out of Altoona since WWGE was sold to Lightner Communications and is now Jack FM. The AM signal occasionally goes out, but the FM signal is brodcasting every time I tune in. They have a construction permit to move the AM station to 870, opperating at 7,000 watts daytime only, with a 3 tower array instead of the expensive and complicated 9 tower array currently in use.

They are currently airing oldies with ABC news and Weather Bug Weather and have Local Offices. I wonder if they will keep the 2500 watt 24 hour non directional signal on 850 and Drop the 870 construction Permit?

They are currently airing oldies with ABC news and Weather Bug Weather and have Local Offices. I wonder if they will keep the 2500 watt 24 hour non directional signal on 850 and Drop the 870 construction Permit?

They can't.. its just a special temporary authority. STA's allow 25 percent of a directional stations licensed power but if a station that was directional were to relicense as non directional, it'd likely get less then the STA.. why? Directional stations are likely old and iother stations are protecting them, but you lose that when you change the licensed parameters

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom