Latest Houston Radio Ratings - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Latest Houston Radio Ratings

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post

Why aren't the numbers for KAMA and KQBU now combined? Isn't this a 100% simulcast?
    They are combined since the Holiday 2017 book. It is listed as a total line simulcast by Nielsen since that book.

Remember, a station has to request total line reporting; it's not automatic. Radio Online likely still lists them because they had separate numbers in the past; they should eliminate it though..
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

They are combined since the Holiday 2017 book. It is listed as a total line simulcast by Nielsen since that book.
    Is it safe to assume the simulcast is not getting the results Univision hoped for? Because it still makes no sense to me. It adds very little to KAMA's coverage. I can't imagine KAMA seeing a bump in numbers.

Univision should use the station to experiment with new formats or even try English language music again. Their former Classic Rock station in Albuquerque and Active Rock station in San Antonio were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    April ratings are out: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

Kiss 104.5 making a slight dent in the ratings. Wonder why those listeners prefer it over KMJQ?
    In the mornings, Steve Harvey is much more funnier and less depressing than Tom Joyner, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.ric View Post
    In the mornings, Steve Harvey is much more funnier and less depressing than Tom Joyner, in my opinion.
    I share the same opinion as you on this. Steve is hilarious!!!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    Is it safe to assume the simulcast is not getting the results Univision hoped for? Because it still makes no sense to me. It adds very little to KAMA's coverage. I can't imagine KAMA seeing a bump in numbers.
    The KAMA combo has averaged around a full share point higher in its target demo since the simulcast began.

Univision should use the station to experiment with new formats or even try English language music again. Their former Classic Rock station in Albuquerque and Active Rock station in San Antonio were pretty good.
    There is no way to experiment economically with new formats on a rimshot. And there is a reason why Univision no longer has KIOT in ABQ.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post

Their active rock station 97.7 Rock all it did was copy 99.5 KISS songs you would hear the song first on KISS and then 1 or 2 songs later you would hear the same song on 97.7 Rock. KZAR was nothing but a filler before they sold it to EMF.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456