• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Noticed a new HD3 station

Over the weekend I noticed KBFB 97.9 now has what sounds like Vietnamese language programming on HD3.
I have been unable to locate any information about it online. I presume they've advertised it to the community that will listen to it.

Keep an ear on DFW area translators; the HD3 might be an originating signal. KBFB corporate sibling KBXX here in Houston has Vietnamese on its HD2 which is rebroadcast on one of the local translators (98.7.)

The programming on 97.9 HD-3 is also on 106.5 FM, which I believe is an LPFM.

That would be a "Translator" and not an "LPFM". LPFMs are non-commercial community stations limited to 100 watts at 100' antenna height. Translators can be up to 250 watts, with no restriction on height (except the natural restrictions on protection of existing facilities, etc,)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom