Tejano coming back? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tejano coming back?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    You're not catching my drift.
    Yeah, that transmitters have a "power raise" button that is not connected to the FCC license.

Sooner or later, as in the case a couple of years ago in Dallas, a competitor on an adjacent channel does some measurements and files with the FCC.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

My part 15 transmitter has no power raise button. I have to unplug it, hold the power button while plugging it back in. Then and only then can I change the power.

Besides those rule-breakers probably use illegal non-compliant antennas with their transmitters which are on steroids with their power levels.

Doing a quick scan of the FM dial near Hobby airport and I'm hearing music that isn't Spanish on 101.7. Oldies and R&B. It's definitely the Tejano station since I did hear an English promo for saying "Puro Tejano".

This seems like a quick recipe for disaster for the young station.

Doing a quick scan of the FM dial near Hobby airport and I'm hearing music that isn't Spanish on 101.7. Oldies and R&B. It's definitely the Tejano station since I did hear an English promo for saying "Puro Tejano".

This seems like a quick recipe for disaster for the young station.

They’re having a Mother’s Day special Live From Las Vegas.

Coming to an HD station soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    They’re having a Mother’s Day special Live From Las Vegas.
    It still seems like a recipe for disaster. I can understand a crossover song like Freddy Fender or a country song, but R&B?? Maybe it's because I don't speak Spanish, but it just makes no sense to me. Spanish music and R&B doesn't seem like something that you should mix.

And why broadcast from Vegas? Is this why the audio quality was so bad? And isn't Tejano a Texas based format?

Tejano just gets weirded and weirder the more I try to understand it.

It still seems like a recipe for disaster. I can understand a crossover song like Freddy Fender or a country song, but R&B?? Maybe it's because I don't speak Spanish, but it just makes no sense to me. Spanish music and R&B doesn't seem like something that you should mix.

And why broadcast from Vegas? Is this why the audio quality was so bad? And isn't Tejano a Texas based format?

Tejano just gets weirded and weirder the more I try to understand it.

This Tejano stations fan base claims to be Chicano and that they want a station hat plays the music they like. So I guess they like R&B too.

This Tejano stations fan base claims to be Chicano and that they want a station hat plays the music they like. So I guess they like R&B too.
    I like country and classic rock. But I wouldn't want them mixed into one. Spanish language music and American R&B would seem like something that you shouldn't mix.

Tejanos are weird people.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    The greatest affinity is between Tejano and traditional country. The second greatest is with oldies / classic hits.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Picking up Puro Tejano very strong in The Heights on 101.7 FM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast