Tejano coming back? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tejano coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    Picking up Puro Tejano very strong in The Heights on 101.7 FM.
    The signal from K269GS seems to be stronger, but is still fighting KNTE. I was hearing snatches of Tejano music in KNTE dead spots as far as 290 and the Beltway. Some sort of antenna pattern change?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    The signal from K269GS seems to be stronger, but is still fighting KNTE. I was hearing snatches of Tejano music in KNTE dead spots as far as 290 and the Beltway. Some sort of antenna pattern change?
    That's odd. A couple of days ago KNTE sounded like it was blanketing the entire market. I caught their RDS around Spring during the middle of the day.

Somebody must've raised power at Puro Tejano, maybe their transmitter has a "power raise button".

I think if anyone has a power raise button it would be liberman it sounds like every time the Astros play KNTE seems to sound stronger. J/S

Quote Originally Posted by latinoradio View Post
    I think if anyone has a power raise button it would be liberman it sounds like every time the Astros play KNTE seems to sound stronger. J/S
    Now that you mention it, the two times KNTE sounded pretty good around the greater Houston area was during an Astros game. Good observation.

Earlier today, the 101.7 frequency sounded awful. The translator and KNTE were fighting and putting on a splattering mess over each other. Maybe the translator should try and find a new channel. It's easier to overpower LPFMs than it is a full power station.
    Last edited by BamaTX; 05-18-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by latinoradio View Post
    The recent tropo conditions have been enhancing KNTE (and other stations) during the evening when the Astros are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    The recent tropo conditions have been enhancing KNTE (and other stations) during the evening when the Astros are playing.
    No. This has been happening during day games.

The engineer's a huge Astros fan then, probably.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789