Tejano coming back? - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tejano coming back?

If you put a regular radio next to an HD receiver and tune each to the same station, the HD signal is always waaay behind the regular signal.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatVoice22 View Post
    If you put a regular radio next to an HD receiver and tune each to the same station, the HD signal is always waaay behind the regular signal.
    There should be no difference at all in the timing between the main analog signal and its primary HD digital signal. The system has delay networks to synchronize the two so that drop-outs are not perceptible, delay-wise. If a station is not synchronized, its engineering department needs to be notified.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatVoice22 View Post
    This has been my experience everywhere including my current trip to the Midwest. Everybody must be doing things the same wrong way, or there must be another explanation such as a delay in the HD receiver decoding the transmission.

If you are listening to a HD fed translator, that is a possibility. Most "HD fed" translators are not rebroadcasting an off-air HD signal - they are normally fed via another source (STL, IP codec, etc.) which will not have the delay. If you are listening to a full power HD station, there should be no delay between the analog and HD1 audio if set up correctly.
    RFB

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

There should be no difference at all in the timing between the main analog signal and its primary HD digital signal. The system has delay networks to synchronize the two so that drop-outs are not perceptible, delay-wise. If a station is not synchronized, its engineering department needs to be notified.
    Correct...the audio processors has built in delay adjustments to make the analog sync with the HD...at KRBE, it was not exact...but close...with HD and analog on rcvrs at the same time, there was a slight ringing in the delay..maybe 30-50 ms...could only notice if two radios were used...in one HD radio alone, most would not notice the difference

I saw in now-deleted Facebook video this week that they are not surprisingly already having financial troubles. They are down about 1,600 in payments to the owner of the station and apparently they are doing a raffle to help the station.
    It's a shame what's happening to Broadcasting...

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisP4 View Post
    I saw in now-deleted Facebook video this week that they are not surprisingly already having financial troubles. They are down about 1,600 in payments to the owner of the station and apparently they are doing a raffle to help the station.
    Dying format, on an abscure rimshot AM signal, being ran through donations.

Color me shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisP4 View Post

The video said that none of the local businesses want to advertise on Puro Tejano, he said no local clubs, no local restaurants want to either. So it’s up to the Tejano fans, and they’re are doing a raffle for a Harley Davidsons motorcycle.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011