• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The not so smart SMART TV

In December 2016 my Mom Purchased a Vizio Smart TV. I like how you can listen to TUNE-IN and i-Heart Radio on it. It came with a 30 day free subscription to NETFLIX and AMAZON streaming which we haven't used. (We had 90 days of free HBO/Cinemax Showtime/Movie Channel, and Starz/Encore when we first subscribed to DirecTV. My Mom shut down that freebie after 3 days).

Anyway this Smart TV is not very smart. From time to time when we turn it on it will come up with an error message "Resolution Not Supported". Most of the time turning the TV and DirecTV reciever off and then back on fixes this, but sometimes it does not. When it does not I have to go to the DirecTV reciever and push the "resolution" button. This will resolve the issue. When the "Resolution Not Supported' error message does come up it doesn't matter if I have the resolution on the DirecTV reciever set to 720 or 1080.

You could see if there’s a software or firmware update for your model that might address this issue. There should be an option for this in the TV’s onscreen menu, under “Support” or “About” or something similar. Make sure the set is connected to the Internet and if an update is available, download and install it. If there’s an option for automatic updates (most newer smart TVs have this), I recommend enabling it for future updates that Vizio releases.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom