• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annie Austin - Kansas City Radio 1970s

Hello, KC.
Years ago when I was a little girl I remember hearing the one and only woman on the radio, Annie Austin. My folks listened to WHB and 61 Country. It was because of her I started in radio in the late 70s and made my way finally to KILT in Houston to cap off my career.

I have searched everywhere for info or airchecks of her. Can anyone with any KC Radio history knowledge help me out?

Hi,
I actually have an aircheck of her from 61 country 1978. I met Annie a few times, she was actually a roommate of a girl who I was dating back in those days. I never worked with her, I was across the market at KCMO / KBEQ / KCKN during those years. I can send you a copy, its at the end of a 45 minute file containing composites of KUDL, WHB, KBEQ and 61 from during those years. I don't have the tools to edit it down and isolate her segments, but its at the tail end of 61 country. You may PM me to get a copy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom