Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KUOW staff to unionize

Ten seconds of looking at the KUOW financials show that in FY2017, operational expenses were higher than revenue. Whoever led the unionizing effort and told the staff it would be a good idea to jack up the operating expenses of a 501(c)(3) is a fool.

Releasing the staff like KUOW did is a prime example of the law of unintended consequences.

In the end, the only winner will be those who collect the union dues.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KXA View Post
    This seems like retaliation for unionizing. If KUOW was a good employer, there would be no incentive to unionize. Shame on them.
    As someone who daily sees examples of people who do not have even a minimal ability to understand that "ability to pay more" is based on having sufficient income to cover increased expenses, I think that one needs to look at both the work environment and the ability of the staff to understand basic budgeting.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

As someone who daily sees examples of people who do not have even a minimal ability to understand that "ability to pay more" is based on having sufficient income to cover increased expenses, I think that one needs to look at both the work environment and the ability of the staff to understand basic budgeting.
    Are you kidding me? These folks don't care about economics 101.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234