• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

XEEP

cyberdad

Administrator
Staff member
"Round, round, get around, it gets around...."

I heard XEEP three times within the past week dominating 1060 at three very diverse locations.....

First I heard them Saturday night at local sunset on the Hawaii SDR. First Mexican signal to show up.

Then two nights laer they were on the Victoria, BC SDR on top of CKMX. I would have expected things to be the other way around.

Then yesterday morning (Wed. Feb 15) before sunrise here in the Pensacola area along with a good signal on my Sony SRF 37 Walkman. (Pretty much a regular at this location.)

Positive ID on each occasion. "R. Educacion".

Are they using some sort of "secret sauce"?

They have always been an easy catch in the Chicago area. Specially during auroral conditions you could always count on hearing them on 1060 kHz. Have not checked lately, so I am not sure if they are still on shortwave as well (6185 kHz).

For me, I wouldn't go quite so far as to call XEEP (on 1060) a regular where I am in Crystal Lake, but I agree that they're generally "easy duty". I've heard them on a rather frequent at home. Most recently last month. And indeed they were once a regular on SW, but I haven't heard them for a while

Amazing -- I'm 200 miles west of Chicago, and XEEP has not been a frequent catch for me. I've definitely heard it, but only rarely. KYW, on the other hand, is very reliable at night and there more often than not.

KYW is the strongest 1060 by far at my location in the near north Chicago suburbs. I have heard XEEP from time to time over many years. The station from the south most often heard at my QTH back in the day was WNOE, but of course that was long ago.

XEEP isn't in every night here. During most Au openings they are in. I've heard them on non-Au evenings, sometimes very strong. XEW is prone to doing the same thing. But XEX has only been heard here once, last September.

XEEP isn't in every night here. During most Au openings they are in. I've heard them on non-Au evenings, sometimes very strong. XEW is prone to doing the same thing. But XEX has only been heard here once, last September.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard XEX here in the Pensacola area since I got here late last month. 900 has a strong Spanish signal at night, but I think it might be Cuba. Meanwhile XEEP has been weaker than usual the past couple of nights, but still reliable.

.....Come to think of it, I haven't heard XEX here in the Pensacola area since I got here late last month. 900 has a strong Spanish signal at night, but I think it might be Cuba.....

Quickie update.... It turns out the 900 I'm hearing here IS Cuba. R. Progreso. No XEW. I also checked 730 this evening. Mix of weak stations. Most, if not all, in Spanish, but I couldn't ID anything. XEEP is present with a good signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom