• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

87.9 Fort Worth

A

AnyHuman

Last time I was up there I heard a strong signal on 87.9 FM retransmitting La Pantera 87.7. The station announced itself as 87.7 and is also on 87.7 FM here in San Antonio. But in Fort Worth the FM signal was definitely on 87.9. You think they moved it to allow for more radios to listen since many don't go down to 87.7?

Do you think the signal is so strong it bleeds over to 87.9?

I am fascinated by 87.7 signals. There isn't one down here in Victoria, but can you also listen on OTA TV Channel 6, or is that an analog-only type deal?

I remember listening to an entire Wimbledon match on 87.7 in South San Antonio in 1999, it was Anna Kournikova vs the older Williams Sister. It was on Corpus Christi's NBC affiliate, which was Channel 6 at the time.

The one on 87.9 IDs as KBFW-LP Arlington. I have heard it AND KZFW 87.7 on at the same time with different programs.

They're both licensed as TV Channel 6 with no offset, which makes me wonder how one of them is distinctly on 87.9. The audio frequency for analog TV channel 6 is 87.75. If they're both truly on channel, there's no way for them to BOTH to have clean signals on separate frequencies.

Has anyone ever seen a TV signal from either of them? If I understand correctly, legally, a station licensed for TV (full or low power) can't transmit audio without a video signal.

Correct...there must be video along with aural carrier....under the analog LP rules, there is a supposive loophole that allows the audio dev, stereo, and frequency to be almost anything as long as it stays with in the channel. Some have used that but all LPs are about to be forced to digital soon..that will fix that issue

I doubt that one has a TV signal along with it. I was hearing it definitely on 87.9, I checked 87.7 and nothing.

La Pantera is however on 87.7 here in San Antonio and I don't have a TV receiver to check it. The audio on 87.9 in Fort Worth sounded really clear though.

I was near Dallas and checked 87.7, it's Spanish Religious music while 87.9 in FW is La Pantera with the SA station.

Are we sure there's not a pirate that accounts for one of these signals? I get the 87.7 KZFW in Plano on my TV and radio. I can also hear 87.9, but I have never heard an ID.
Just curious.

Are we sure there's not a pirate that accounts for one of these signals? I get the 87.7 KZFW in Plano on my TV and radio. I can also hear 87.9, but I have never heard an ID.
Just curious.

Apologies for repeating myself, but to answer your question, I have heard the ID on 87.9: KBFW-LP Arlington.

I came across something on 87.9 on Friday afternoon a little west of Fort Worth on I-20. I was wondering what it was.

I can hear it at night during good cloud cover north of Mineral Wells, TX. Somebody's cheating a lil but never got snitched on to the FCC for their higher power levels and using an FM signal not a TV signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom