WKDN 950 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WKDN 950

>>>The station has not showed up in PPM since a couple of 0.1 months in 2014, and has gotten 0.0 since then.<<<

Well, a non-commercial religious radio station can often be profitable without much ratings to speak of. Maybe its small but devoted number of listeners are generous in their contributions. When Family Radio had to sell off its NYC, Washington and Philly full-power FM stations, it found a struggling AM station in the market to move to. In NYC, Family Radio got the old 1560 WQXR, running 50,000 watts. And 950 WPEN also had a good signal for being on a regional frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg. View Post
    Well, a non-commercial religious radio station can often be profitable without much ratings to speak of.
    Maybe profitable isn't the best or intended word, but this station is fulfilling its mission, even if its with limited power at night.

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    I'm pretty certain I'm not the most devout person posting, but I came to enjoy Family Radio on 1560 from NYC back when the frequency was vacant for a week or so and I got to DX a few stations in their absence from here in NE PA. I liked the music.
    Sorry, but I don't accept the secular stuff nowadays that passes for 'Contemporary Christian' fare on the radio. That sounds like modern Conutry ... which sounds like modern A/C ...... (yawn)
    Of course, I'm no fan of things like 'Rock of Ages' or 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands', or 'Bringing In The Sheaves', but there is a musical middle ground that WFME seems to find.
    For me, anyway. When I'm in the mood.

Last I saw of a WPEN 950 tower array, the sticks seemed to be distributed amid the parking lot of an apartment complex. Was that their original site?

The Rapture might arrive in a month or so. Easter Sunday coincides with April 1st. You are advised to get your shopping done soon.
    Last edited by Steve Green NEPA; 02-17-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: didn't go to confession

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12