• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Cumulus files for new translators

According to a post from Tomservo,

Cumulus has filed in the latest translator auction for 2 translators

97.5 FM for Sportsradio 740 WMSP and 106.3 FM for WLWI-AM 1440

Interesting note, the antennae embedded in my car's rear window can pick up WPYA PLay 97.5 out of b'ham when on the north side of town.

Makes perfect sense. Spend more to make no more. Business as usual. Haha. Actually, how could they not apply for these?

No word yet, but the cluster has recently made upgrades to it's studios by replacing SS32 with BSI OP-X Automation, and are using Comrex Access NX at Remotes now. so i assume moving to translators is next on the engineers agenda.

According to a post from Tomservo,

Cumulus has filed in the latest translator auction for 2 translators

97.5 FM for Sportsradio 740 WMSP and 106.3 FM for WLWI-AM 1440

Interesting note, the antennae embedded in my car's rear window can pick up WPYA PLay 97.5 out of b'ham when on the north side of town.

WPYA is on 97.3, not 97.5, so there shouldn't be any issue with interference to an FM translator in Montgomery at 97.5.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom