• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kudlow

wadio

Star Participant
Two hours of Larry Kudlow's three-hour show is now being delayed-broadcast on 970 WNYM Sundays from 11 to 1, apparently with a disclaimer that the preceding program was paid for by Kudlow.

It's sad that that's necessary to clear a good show like Kudlow's in NYC, but it also begs the question, why isn't there a similar disclaimer after John Catsimtides' show (or is there, I don't think I've ever made it to the end.) Certainly he's paying the station for that time.

It's sad that that's necessary to clear a good show like Kudlow's in NYC,

So he's not on WABC anymore? Think of it this way....Larry seems to own everything he does. He owns his website. He owns his podcast. And he owns his radio show. He can probably make more money selling his products during his show than the station could selling colon cleansers and will kits. That's what Bruce Williams did once he got into self-syndication.

I dont know about wabc but 790 kabc in los angeles is terrible. Two shows worth listenin to. Doug mcintyre in mornin n peter tilden 10 till 12 pm. They scored an abysmal .04 in the latest ratings. A station that use to get 3 shares 20 years ago. They should flip it to spanish it is such a piece of garbage. Your sister station judging from the lineup doesnt look to bad but i dont listen. Dr drew was great for loveline but that aside very boring.

It's really too bad that radio just won't pay talent anymore. I think Dr. Drew and the new mature, yet still capable of having fun Adam Carolla could pull huge ratings talking about a wide range of topics.

Not on KABC though. That signal is just about worthless at this point.

It's really too bad that radio just won't pay talent anymore.

Huh? Where do you get that idea? If all it took to attract listeners to WABC or KABC was money for talent, they'd be a top 10 station.

If they didn't want to pay talent, there are lots of syndicated ways to fill the air time. Instead they choose local.

Radio stations are spending millions on local talent. A lot more money than the legends got in the 60s. The problem isn't money.

You couldn't pay people under 55 to listen to english speaking AM radio, but the reason Howard Stern or Adam Carolla isn't on the radio is money. No matter what they say about freedoms in their current positions.

Mike Catherwood isn't on with Dr. Drew cause of money. Loveline doesn't exist because of money.

You couldn't pay people under 55 to listen to english speaking AM radio, but the reason Howard Stern or Adam Carolla isn't on the radio is money.

Not true. CBS offered both of them unlimited money, and both said no. Adam is at a point where working 4 hours a day is too much for any amount of money.

Howard is 65, ready for retirement. But my point is radio still pays talent a lot. The idea that radio won't pay talent is false. Look at how much Cumulus kept throwing at Imus, even though his days were clearly over.

It's really too bad that radio just won't pay talent anymore. I think Dr. Drew and the new mature, yet still capable of having fun Adam Carolla could pull huge ratings talking about a wide range of topics.

Not on KABC though. That signal is just about worthless at this point.

Carolla makes money hand over fist with his podcasting empire. Why should he deal with the politics and the censorship of terrestrial radio at this point?

So apparently now that Kudlow has joined the Trump administration as Chief Economic Advisor, he has left CNBC.

However, he says he will continue at WABC for the time being.

So apparently now that Kudlow has joined the Trump administration as Chief Economic Advisor, he has left CNBC.

However, he says he will continue at WABC for the time being.

Continue on radio maybe. He's not on WABC anymore.

A little webslight of hand, I'd say. His show was replaced on air a few weeks ago by fruits and veggies. That's why WNYM picked it up.

Not doubting that....it's the story at the top of this thread.

However, every story on Kudlow's new job included this from CBS News:

"Kudlow is currently a senior contributor at business network CNBC, where he previously hosted "The Kudlow Report." He also hosts the weekly Radio Show, "The Larry Kudlow Show" for WABC."

Not doubting that....it's the story at the top of this thread.

However, every story on Kudlow's new job included this from CBS News:

"Kudlow is currently a senior contributor at business network CNBC, where he previously hosted "The Kudlow Report." He also hosts the weekly Radio Show, "The Larry Kudlow Show" for WABC."

Fake News! :)

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n35350

Here is an update

Cumulus Media announces that Larry Kudlow, the new Director of the National Economic Council, will join WABC-AM/New York's "The John Batchelor Show" as a regular on-air guest each Tuesday evening at 9pm ET. Batchelor's Tuesday night conversations with Kudlow will include other colleagues and will cover topics including the economic health of the U.S. and its allies and trading partners.
PD Craig Schwalb said, "Kudlow and Batchelor have been working together on-air each week since 2004. It is a joy to learn that the Trump Administration is willing to make the country's new economic adviser available to the national and global audience of "The John Batchelor Show.

Whatever one thinks of Mr Kudlow, I question his judgement in joining a chaotic administration that is likely to end badly with all involved diminished and humiliated...and many with huge legal bills and prison sentences.

LCG

>>>I dont know about wabc but 790 kabc in los angeles is terrible. Two shows worth listening to. Doug mcintyre in morning and peter tilden 10 till 12 pm. They scored an abysmal .04 in the latest ratings. A station that use to get 3 shares 20 years ago<<<

If you go back far enough, KABC and WABC were both hands down #1 stations in LA and NYC. Top 40 WABC was the top radio station in the free world in the 1960s and 1970s. And KABC was the top station in Los Angeles in the 1970s and 80s with a pioneering talk format.

In fact, KABC's success was syndicated, creating the ABC Talk Radio Network. Hosts such as Michael Jackson, Dr. Toni Grant, Ira Fistell and Ray Braem were syndicated before syndication was the norm on AM radio. And KABC's success prompted WABC to switch from Top 40 to Talk, using those hosts from KABC during its early days as TalkRadio 770.

Now WABC is barely staying above a 1.0 and KABC has only a fraction of a ratings point. Yet I believe both stations make money. Otherwise Cumulus would have fired all the local hosts and gone with shows from Westwood One (a Cumulus subsidiary) around the clock. The reason there is still a lot of local content is that the sales staff can still sell time, even with the poor ratings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom