KCYB Cypress Radio 103.5 fielding complaints from listeners - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KCYB Cypress Radio 103.5 fielding complaints from listeners

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

There is no reason why Centro would not get the same degree of scrutiny as any other licensee.
    There might be one.

The word on the street here is that Centro has escaped any serious scrutiny and/or enforcement action due to the actions of some friends in Congress.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a congressman got involved on a broadcaster's behalf and helped them get things done.

And I was told by another engineer that Roberto is buddies with our xxxFM too....hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ContinuousWave View Post
    And I was told by another engineer that Roberto is buddies with our xxxFM too....hmmmm
    Hmmm I remember back in the days, like in the 2000s it was RADIO PODER playing Christian music then it became La Podedrosa with a regional Mexican format.

Who's Roberto?

As for the government doing things wrong, well, let's just say I know many people with disabilities. The ADA, or Americans with Disabilities act, helps disabled people out by requiring businesses to make themselves accessible or possibly face a lawsuit. It was introduced in 1990. However a new bill created and recently passed by the house aims to roll back the ADA. Read this for details.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...sabilities-act
    Basically every disabled person I know hates the bill. One congressman who promised some friends of mine he would vote against the bill ended up voting for it and changing his mind. People I know didn't like that at all.
    Therefore the Government is disappointing me right now. And all this stuff with the FCC ignoring people who blatantly violate the rules just ads to the fire.
    See here for more details on Cesar Guel. https://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...adio-Ola/page2

Quote Originally Posted by ContinuousWave View Post
    Is the "Roberto" you speak of actually "Antonio?"

The "engineering" for the Centro translators was being handled by Antonio Cesar Guel. I know of one episode where he contacted the owners of a tower, proposing to place a single, non-directional antenna on their tower with a combiner for two translators. One translator was non-directional. The other was highly directional.

I was unable to discern if he knew any better and just didn't care, or if he was truly unaware that was a no-go scenario from a legal standpoint.

He was also planning to install transmitters capable of 2kW TPO, which would have been extreme overkill, even factoring in transmission line and combiner losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    Hmmm I remember back in the days, like in the 2000s it was RADIO PODER playing Christian music then it became La Podedrosa with a regional Mexican format.
    Which station are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTX View Post
    Which station are you talking about?

The one that Countinouswave is talking about.

Our buddy XXX might be friends with Centro but he doesn't really like the new owner of 91.1.

FM STATION APPLICATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE INFORMAL OBJECTION
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

TX BALED-20170717AAA KNLY 173796 NORTHWOOD HISPANIC COMMUNICATION CENTER Voluntary Assignment of License
    E 91.1 MHZ NEW WAVERLY, TX From: CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA
    To: NORTHWOOD HISPANIC COMMUNICATION
    CENTER
    Form 314

Informal Objection filed
    02/14/2018 by JXX XXXXXXXN

"I AM FILING THIS TO RAISE AN OBJECTION TO THE CURRENT OWNER OF KNLY. FOR YEARS, THIS STATION HAS RELIABLY SERVED ITS COMMUNITY. NOW, WITH A TRANSFER TO A NEW OWNER, ITS OPERATION HAS BECOME SPORADIC. IT HAS BEEN SILENT FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOT WITHOUT ANY STA FILINGS EXPLAINING THIS STATUS. "

Quote Originally Posted by AnyHuman View Post
    ITS OPERATION HAS BECOME SPORADIC
    This is a lie. They were consistently causing interference to KTSU all of last year. It's only been as of late that they've been off the air.

The real complain should have been last year when they were operating a non-commercial station as a commercial station.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12