• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Janet Jeghelian, talk show host and former lieutenant governor candidate, dies at 83

Ted is about 76, 77? Linkedin bio says he attended university of St Thomas 1961-62; a Sept 2001 story about him being found in the White Mountains after being missing said he was 60 at the time, so born around 1940-41?'

I had recalled Janet being on WHDH 850--looked up and found this bit of a '93 Globe article:
>>The general manager of WRKO-AM wasn't talking, and neither was Janet Jeghelian. But Mike Cuthbert, Jeghelian's morning-show sidekick for the past 2 1/2 years, was saying quite a lot. "I'm out, and Janet's going to do the 3-6 p.m. shift on WHDH," he said yesterday. In their morning slot on 'RKO, he added, will be Marjorie Clapprood and Pat Whitley.
If that duo sounds familiar, it's because they had a morning show on WHDH -- which, like 'RKO, is owned by Atlantic Radio -- until this spring.

https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8226597.html
(I think at some point after that, WHDH 850 gave 3-6 pm to Howie Carr. By Sept of 94,
Rush and Howie slid over to RKO as 850 became the new home of sportsradio WEEI)

Last edited:
Late 80s maybe? Followed by Gene Burns then Jerry Williams. ColoradioMedia dot net notes, "During the 1980s, she co-hosted the “Ted and Janet” morning show on WRKO alongside Ted O’Brien." But the same site says she served as MA Lt Gov. She ran for the position but didn't win.

Last edited:
She also did 'BZ middays and followed with overnight. I think she might have been replaced by Maynard and then Raleigh for a second stint 12-5am.

Janet & I shared the mic at the "Little station on the hill" in Norfolk, MA (WJMQ) in the 80's.
She had a fantastic radio voice.
I remember being at a staff party at her beautiful home when she was living in Westwood, MA.
Good times...!!!
Sorry to lose a great talent.
Dick >>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom