WMEX applies for 101.1 FM in Weymouth and other translator news - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WMEX applies for 101.1 FM in Weymouth and other translator news

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    I finally heard this WROL translator while driving through Central Square, Cambridge, and I heard why some of you are hearing NOTHING on it!
    No, that just started sometime yesterday: The first time I heard them, on the train, they sounded normal; this morning at 2:40am I heard them for the first time at the South Station PO, with the out of phase/distorted audio you described—it sounds like the IF image signal from a nearby radio (e.g., if someone is listening to 94.5, then there will be a muddy/bassy image at 105.2 on other radios in the immediate vicinity). They sound about, maybe, half as strong as Bloombergʼs 106.1 xltr, so they do get out!
    Interesting enough, at the same time, I heard a new, lower powered unLic pirate station on the frequency!
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    The other board lists all the applicants for new translators.

WMEX 1510 has applied for 101.1 FM in Weymouth.

WJDA 1300 in Quincy has applied for 100.1 FM in Quincy.

WBIX 1260 wants 97.3 FM in Medford.

Over in New Bedford/Fall River.

WBSM 1420 wants 99.5 FM in New Bedford.

WNBH 1340 wants 101.3 FM in New Bedford.

WSAR 1480 Fall River wants 95.9 FM in Fall River.
    Nothing on WSAR's page on Wikipedia on the FM Translator
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WSAR

Likewise on WBSM and WNBH

I was under the impression that WVBF 1530 in Taunton was getting an FM presence as well.

As of last night, it sounded like the audio phasing problem on the WROL translator was fixed, modulation level is better, but bandwidth still sounds limited, about the same as a clean AM signal.

I'd think that a 95.9 translator for WSAR in Fall River would overlapping interference with WCRI Block Island, RI in areas of the MA/RI south coast. Though Fall River is outside WCRI's protected area, the WCRI signal hits the south coast well over the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Polonsky View Post
    As of last night, it sounded like the audio phasing problem on the WROL translator was fixed, modulation level is better, but bandwidth still sounds limited, about the same as a clean AM signal.
    Yeah, they seemed to have fixed itóat least to the extent it is nowóby Monday night.
    That new (Spanish?) pirate on the frequency seems about as strong, almost mimicking the strength of the xltr, even in the post office, where the signals get absorbed to varying degrees by the building.
    ~Uncle Kaimbridge~

**** Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer. ****

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123