• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mega 97.1

radiolife3

Regular Participant
Haven't seen this reported yet but looks like it's been on a few days. From what I recall WRUM plays Bachata and Reggeaton, how different is Mega than Rumba now? Is this aimed at Cox Solo Exitos 107.3?

Kind of surprised they didn't go with the "Tu" branding they ditched "Mega" for in Miami and are using in San Antonio and Austin. I'd expect Enrique Santos for mornings, possibly free agent Jessica Reyes as well somewhere if they do local jocks.

Haven't seen this reported yet but looks like it's been on a few days. From what I recall WRUM plays Bachata and Reggeaton, how different is Mega than Rumba now? Is this aimed at Cox Solo Exitos 107.3?

Kind of surprised they didn't go with the "Tu" branding they ditched "Mega" for in Miami and are using in San Antonio and Austin. I'd expect Enrique Santos for mornings, possibly free agent Jessica Reyes as well somewhere if they do local jocks.

My guess is that they are trying to slow down Solo Exitos and Urbana Translators from eating up some of their market share.

I guess it's better for them to cannibalize themselves and keep the numbers in-house than let others get them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom