WBMP hd2

Thread: WBMP hd2

WBMP hd2

92.3 hd2 has been rebroadcast fresh since filp to alt 923 . It wastes space hd side channel. I think filp to pulse 87 ny like kamp hd2 did in LA

I think it is a waste to rebroadcast strong AM stations like WCBS, WINS, and WOR on hd side channels. I would like to hear oldies and deep classic rock on HD.

Rebroadcasting Pulse 87 would be a good idea. If they can have it in LA, why not in the city where it originated?

Oldies should be on 101.1 HD2.

They should make it classic alternative in hd 2 or live local and acoustic in hd 2.

Is there any money being generated with HD side channels?
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

Quote Originally Posted by leethalweapon View Post
    Is there any money being generated with HD side channels?
    If they're being used to feed FM translators, yes. Otherwise, probably not. Although all the evidence about how many receivers are out there and how many people are listening is frustratingly anecdotal and biased. The DXer mini-niche listener will snarkily say that a dozen are in use. People who like what they hear on their local HDs will boast of its increasing presence in cars. I've never seen sales figures from any of the manufacturers. Do they exist?

Is there much use the carriers for "branded radio"? Here in Australia the top DAB+ station is a branded station for our leading supermarket, powered by a digital channel from Nova Entertainment.

http://www.novaentertainment.com.au/results/radio/coles
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceNYC View Post
    I think it is a waste to rebroadcast strong AM stations like WCBS, WINS, and WOR on hd side channels. I would like to hear oldies and deep classic rock on HD.
    I totally disagree. If you rebroadcast an AM station on one of your HD channels for an FM, then the listener doesn't have to change their radio to the AM dial to hear it. I remember seeing a study somewhere that showed something like 75% of younger people (I can't remember if they said Millennials or Gen Z) didn't know there was a button to change to the AM band on their car radio. I have to admit, although there's not much on AM in the market I'm in, I never ever change over to AM to tune around see what's going on.

Plus, I'm sure the quality of the station sounds better on FM-HD than on an AM.
    Last edited by AMRocks; 02-13-2018 at 11:41 AM.

But by the same token, many don't know there is a Sirius/XM button on the radio, that gives free service for six months on most new cars and can be set up after for a lower fee, or an HD feature, unless the out of touch salesman informs them.

I would like to see AMP on HD2 and with more mixshows on it.