• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Greta Van Susteren to get a Show on Voice of America

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/372664-van-susteren-gets-her-own-show-on-voice-of-america

That is interesting for Greta to move to radio after being a talk show host on the Cable News Talk channels for nearly two decades though.

Former Fox News and MSNBC host Greta Van Susteren will debut her own show Wednesday on government-funded news outlet Voice of America (VOA).

Van Susteren, who has been a contributor for the network since last year, will host “Plugged In With Greta Van Susteren,” a weekly 30-minute program.

Van Susteren confirmed the news in a tweet, and posted photos to Instagram on Tuesday of her preparing for her first show.

The host said on Twitter that she won’t be paid, and instead is volunteering to do the new show “because I have lots of experience and I want to participate and help when and how I can w/facts and news.”

“Because it is VOA, it is not just three minutes with a guest and good-bye. We get to really explore the issues,” Van Susteren told The Hollywood Reporter.

It will be interesting how the VOA show will play out though.

30 minutes a week is not exactly a career - I'd assume she's still available for other gigs. I always found Greta to be truly "fair and balanced" on Fox and I hope she gets a full time TV or radio show if she wants it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom