• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mrtejano

Star Participant
Is no longer MAS VARIEDAD, now it’s AMOR 106.5.

LOVE 106.5

Sounds the same, to me it has the same format just a different name.

I should had named this post AMOR is BACK but not on 104.9.
Amor came back for a little bit when KPTY dropped the PARTY 104.9 format. And then got flipped to TU MÚSICA , now its LATINOMIX.

Strange that they’re using AMORs name again but a way different format on a different signal.

They have changed a lot over night. I guess it was between format changes? Now they’re really playing lots of POP and romantic songs.

"Amor" moniker has been dropped and replaced with the old "Mas Variedad" name. Sounds like the same voiceover guy, so the format probably remains the same.

Between this, the name-change of legacy "Estereo Latino" to "102.9" to "Que Buena", and the KQBU-KAMA simulcast...I've never been more confused in my life. Seems like whoever is in charge is just changing things up for the sake of changing things.

Should have put the call letter to good use and gone back to K-Love instead.

The K-love name has been licensed to EMF.

Is no longer MAS VARIEDAD, now it’s AMOR 106.5.

LOVE 106.5

Sounds the same, to me it has the same format just a different name.

"Más Variedad" is a quality, not a name. And it was a bad one. The Amor name is signficiantly better, and has no trade/service mark issues.

They have changed a lot over night. I guess it was between format changes? Now they’re really playing lots of POP and romantic songs.

Same playlist, different name. The format has been evolving over the last several years.

106-5 in Houston completely drowns "The Shark" here in Port Lavaca. If I drive five miles south on Hwy 35, "106-5 The Shark" wins the battle, but you would think with its proximity, "The Shark" should win that battle.

If EMF wants to put Christian adult pop on the air with pre-existing KLove, KLUV, etc they should change the name of their network just in such markets like Dallas. I wonder if that's possible?

106-5 in Houston completely drowns "The Shark" here in Port Lavaca. If I drive five miles south on Hwy 35, "106-5 The Shark" wins the battle, but you would think with its proximity, "The Shark" should win that battle.

The Shark is currently at low power unfortunately due to Hurricane Harvey. I thought there was another 106.5 in Victoria/Port Lavaca anyway.

Aren't there a few markets where EMF can't have a K-Love Affiliate due to pre-existing stations? I feel like Houston was one of those markets at one time.

The former HBC markets had rights of prior usage. EMF has made agreements there. Houston is one of those.

"Más Variedad" is a quality, not a name. And it was a bad one.

And now it's back to Amor. Any clue what happened there last night? My Spanish is no bueno, but I swear the station was dropping the "Mas Variedad" name with no mention of Amor.

And now it's back to Amor. Any clue what happened there last night? My Spanish is no bueno, but I swear the station was dropping the "Mas Variedad" name with no mention of Amor.

Are you sure they didn’t just say Amor 106.5 más variedad? Then again it could had been a mistake, I remember not long ago 102.9 said ESTEREO LATINO 102.9 in one of their commercials.

I remember not long ago 102.9 said ESTEREO LATINO 102.9 in one of their commercials.

There are always times when old production is not changed when nobody remembers that the copy had an outdated reference.

It's not unlike a jock who goes to a new station and says the old station's identifier a few times in the first days...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom