• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dead Carriers on 98.3 and 103.5

N5TZQ

Banned
Looks like two more translators have now been constructed. Yet they're not broadcasting anything but dead air.

I was hearing dead air on 103.5 as I was driving close to home, but figured it was KCYB having audio problems. But it could be K278CR in the Galleria area, which I believe is the relaunch of the 102.5 Missouri City transmitter that was only on the air for a day a couple of years ago.

K227BD made a brief appearance on 98.7 last fall but I have not heard it since then.

I was in the area today as well. It was not KCYB having audio problems. It was 103.5 literally wiping out virtually their full coverage area with the sounds of silence. KCYB began overriding here and there at about Spring Cypress but not what I'd call listenable. I have to wonder if K287CR is put together properly to protect KCYB a bit. It's certainly heard in their 60 dbu.

Still dead air on both frequencies in Cy-Fair at a late evening check. However the 98.3 dead air is in stereo, while the 103.5 dead air is mono.

KCYB is totally obliterated at my Cy-Fair location.

Update: The 98.3 translator is back with Spanish language religion. Have not checked to see what the originating station might be.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom