• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WABC/New York Teams Curtis Sliwa and Rita Cosby for Middays

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n35166

Here is Changes coming to WABC on Midday. Coming soon

WABC-AM/New York announces the pairing of quintessential New York host Curtis Sliwa and Emmy-winning journalist Rita Cosby for the new talk show, "Curtis + Cosby," debuting Tuesday, February 6 from 12-3pm. The new program brings together two renowned New York natives and veteran broadcasters for the first time. Sliwa, the iconic founder of the Guardian Angels, enters his fourth year hosting middays on WABC. Cosby continues as WABC Political Editor, expanding upon her role since 2014 hosting "Election Central" and "The Rita Cosby Show."
Cumulus Media/New York VP/Market Manager Chad Lopez said, "Curtis and Rita are larger than life personalities and exceptional hosts who really understand what makes New York tick. Our listeners, our advertisers, and our staff are excited about the show."

PD Craig Schwalb added, "This is basically a New York dream team. Two veteran New York broadcasters and celebrated New York personalities that our listeners simply adore. It's an incredible combination."

Cosby said, "I am thrilled to co-host the brand new ‘Curtis + Cosby' show with my longtime friend, radio superstar Curtis Sliwa. With such an unprecedented barrage of endless news topics, now is the perfect time for us to join forces and engage our listeners in a way you will hear nowhere else."

All I can say is condolences to Curtis for having to put up with that narcissist. She will remind him constantly that she's best friends with every name in the news - mark my words. Worst of all her voice and delivery are laughable as Kuby was reprimanded for pointing out.

Rita has been off the show for a few days now and I hope it stays that way. When she's on with Curtis it sounds like two old yentas kvetching even though neither of them are Jewish -- interspersed with her constant a**-kissing of the entire Trump family. The show is far more listenable and entertaining when either Dominick Carter or Juliet Huddy is on with Curtis.

Speaking of WABC, it is now being rebroadcast on WNSH 94.7 HD2. But this needs some work, as the audio is very distorted.

I think it is a waste of HD radio technology to rebroadcast an AM on and HD2 or HD3 station. I would like to hear Nash Icon or an alternative country format on 94.7 HD2

Yes very true my friend Bruce . I will email you later

I think it is a waste of HD radio technology to rebroadcast an AM on and HD2 or HD3 station. I would like to hear Nash Icon or an alternative country format on 94.7 HD2
You already said that, and nothing's changing. And with the degradation of AM's sound, especially in large markets, you need to be simulcasting in HD.

Tried listening to Curtis and Cosby for the third time and I will have to say goodbye. Rita Cosby is fin in interviews but as a host she is simply unlistenable. I can't imagine the ratings are holding up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom