• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Buy eliminating CDs from their stores as of July 1st

That's my point. Those vintage stores have all sorts of odd, cool and unusual stuff.
Best Buy is currently stocking all the current top sellers from the charts. Those are
much more easily purchased online.

The last CD I purchased was online about 3 or 4 months ago. The Doors, The Singles. I haven't purchased a CD in a store in years. It was fun way back in the day, especially purchasing import CD's that weren't available here.

Walmart is likely to continue carry CDs, so demise of the format isn't likely anytime soon.

Most of my CD and DVD purchases are used through Ebay, Amazon, or used stores like McKay's in Nashville, so Best Buy dropping them won't affect me any.

to be fair, CDs have kinda become obsolete these days thanks to the rise of digital music formats and streaming and the comeback of vinyl records by hipsters who prefer that old school pre-cassette and pre-CD sound of music.

plus these days, you could buy a CD from Amazon too if you still prefer CDs over digital or streaming, and also same goes with Vinyls. CDs have run their course anyway.
I've never had one.

Although I was watching "9JKL". The doorman is young and hip and he was doing something for this elderly couple who are the parents (living in apartment 9J) of the show's star who lives in 9K (his brother and his wife and son are in 9L). The couple mentioned Barbra Streisand and he said, "I don't know who that is." The man said he'd get him a cassette. "I don't know what that is."

With the exception of an external DVD-Rom drive in my office, I have no way to even play CD's. Although, my Dodge Caravan has a CD player but I never use it.

Well in the area Im in the local Best Buy has reduced their DVD/CD sections for Roku, Samsung Phones sections, Apple Section, AT&T, Verizon and T-mobile sections gained more spaces. Xbox, nintendoes and Playstations not as dominant as they used to be a decade ago. Appliances, and 4kTV's have taken spots once reserved for DVD's and CD's.

With the exception of an external DVD-Rom drive in my office, I have no way to even play CD's. Although, my Dodge Caravan has a CD player but I never use it.

Same here. I only have the DVD drives in my computers at work and home and a player in my car, but I don't use it as often because I have a Bluetooth adapter to listen to music from an old phone I use as a music player now and listen more to MP3s. I do use the CD player for an audio Bible that I keep in the car, and occasional other CDs.

The AM/FM radio recently went out in my car although the CD, satellite radio (which I don't use), and auxiliary jack still work, so I'm looking at getting a new car stereo, and I've been seeing a lot with no radio and/or CD. I actually saw a very cheap one that only has an auxiliary jack, an input for USB drives, and possibly Bluetooth. Although I want all those if I buy a new stereo, but I still want AM, FM, and CD, even if I don't use them as often. Sometimes I wish that cassette players were still available in cars to listen to tapes I haven't found downloads of yet. It's difficult to find even a decent Walkman player or jam box now.

Same here. I only have the DVD drives in my computers at work and home and a player in my car, but I don't use it as often because I have a Bluetooth adapter to listen to music from an old phone I use as a music player now and listen more to MP3s. I do use the CD player for an audio Bible that I keep in the car, and occasional other CDs.

The AM/FM radio recently went out in my car although the CD, satellite radio (which I don't use), and auxiliary jack still work, so I'm looking at getting a new car stereo, and I've been seeing a lot with no radio and/or CD. I actually saw a very cheap one that only has an auxiliary jack, an input for USB drives, and possibly Bluetooth. Although I want all those if I buy a new stereo, but I still want AM, FM, and CD, even if I don't use them as often. Sometimes I wish that cassette players were still available in cars to listen to tapes I haven't found downloads of yet. It's difficult to find even a decent Walkman player or jam box now.

did you check the wiring to see if it's the antenna to the car radio that's causing your AM/FM radio to stop working.

did you check the wiring to see if it's the antenna to the car radio that's causing your AM/FM radio to stop working.

I can see by the tuner that it's pulling a stereo signal on FM, and it does come back on sporadically. So I think it's probably something in the amplifier for the radio portion, and I think I'm still going to get another stereo soon. It's just a question of whether to get a whole new system or try to find a radio from another car that will work. It's a 2012 Dodge Caliber, so any Chrysler factory radio from that period should work, and considering I want to trade soon, I don't know if I want to get a whole new system.

Have you tried pulling the fuse to the radio and seeing if it will reset and then work? A reboot like that might do the trick.

Have you tried pulling the fuse to the radio and seeing if it will reset and then work? A reboot like that might do the trick.

I tried that but it didn't help, thanks for the advice though. Now I'm having problems with the entire car stereo going on and off like it was with AM and FM earlier. It's definitely time for a new system.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom