• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSB is only #1 news/talker nationwide during the holiday book

It does seem like a pretty big accomplishment that WSB is the only news/talk station in the nation to be #1 during the holiday book. That station has been on quite a roll over the past year, even avoiding the post-election decline other news/talk stations experienced. And they shook up their morning schedule too.

WSB is one of very few news/talkers today that regularly rank even in the top 5 in their markets. One has to wonder what makes WSB special.

WSB has been running national news stories with reporters from ABC Radio Network. Previously they were using stories from CBS Radio Network. Have they dropped CBS in favor of ABC?

One thing that I find odd is they go into ABC and previously CBS news stories with the CNN sounder. I doubt many people notice this, but it sounds a little strange to me.

False: WKAQ in Puerto Rico

The poster said holiday book. Only PPM markets have holiday books, and that eliminates Puerto Rico. WHO in Des Moines is a News/Talk station that was #1 in the latest (Fall) book, but Des Moines is also a diary market and does not have a holiday book.

The poster said holiday book. Only PPM markets have holiday books, and that eliminates Puerto Rico. WHO in Des Moines is a News/Talk station that was #1 in the latest (Fall) book, but Des Moines is also a diary market and does not have a holiday book.

And at the moment, PR had no Fall book and it looks like no Winter book, either (what is "winter" in PR, anyway?)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom