• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I guess wip will glide over a 10 share after tonight

The content of much of the post-game fervor will be what to do vis-a-vis Foles and Wentz. THAT topic should last for a while.

It's apples-and-oranges, to be sure (or pretzels-and-beans) but does anyone know how the Boston stations do from year to year in the ratings after the Super Bowl? They've had a lot of practice in nurturing such audiences. The joint has won five SBs. Has the sports-talk fervor tapered off each post-SB book? Stayed the same? Increased?

A tip of the earphones to you, Eagles fans -- from this Jets fan! With all of those cool bets between mayors and governors at championship-game time, expect a few semis to arrive in PA loaded with Boston beans, or creme pies, or terriers, or whatever the wagers were.

The content of much of the post-game fervor will be what to do vis-a-vis Foles and Wentz. THAT topic should last for a while.

It's apples-and-oranges, to be sure (or pretzels-and-beans) but does anyone know how the Boston stations do from year to year in the ratings after the Super Bowl? They've had a lot of practice in nurturing such audiences. The joint has won five SBs. Has the sports-talk fervor tapered off each post-SB book? Stayed the same? Increased?

A tip of the earphones to you, Eagles fans -- from this Jets fan! With all of those cool bets between mayors and governors at championship-game time, expect a few semis to arrive in PA loaded with Boston beans, or creme pies, or terriers, or whatever the wagers were.

Not Boston, but I remember when the Kansas City Royals won the World Series, KCSP shot up to #1 in the overall ratings, and then plunked back down to about a 1.8 share a month or two after the season.

When it was 610 WIP, audible up this way even on a half-decent radio, I called them a few times. I once got a good chuckle by claiming to be 'long time caller, first-time listener'.

Thanks for that link, RadioPatrol. Fine stuff !
And from a Washington paper, no less.

Someone mentioned that the NFC East is the first (therefore only) NFL division to've had all the teams in it as having won a Super Bowl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom