• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Ontario! Early morning, 2/3/2018

Just about 20 minutes before this posting actually, another new Ontario station into the logbook.

820 - CHAM ON, Hamilton; end of comedy routine, ID 'CHAM Hamilton', mentioned they were on iHeartRadio and gave slogan 'Funny 820' at 0101 PT 2/3/18, into another comedy routine. NEW #756, 10KW at 1989 miles! Impressed with this one, a much-wanted station finally off the list. KGNW (off the back) has been flip-flopping with this one beaming ENE.
Also hearing Radio Rebelde on 1620, actually two different stations with usual Tropical fare; 740 CFZM and 780 KCEG have been good tonight as well. No sign of PJB/TWR Bonaire, I'm hearing CHAB Moose Jaw on 800.
I recorded a snippet of CHAM but completely missed the TOH ID. There's some stand-up comedy (and the crowd laughter) mixing with KGNW in the clip that I will post soon.

CHAM is an interesting case. They are usually invisible at my home location where WBAP fights it out at night with local WCPT. But by the time you go 100 or so miles north of here into Wisconsin you start hearing it. They're fairly reliable in/around Minneapolis, and in Winnipeg you can null WBAP and hear them as often as not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom