• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

E! Ryan Seacrest Investigation Finds ‘Insufficient Evidence’ of Misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ryan-seacrest-investigation-misconduct-1202684280/

An E! investigation into allegations of misconduct by Ryan Seacrest has found “insufficient evidence to support the claims” against the popular on-air personality, the cable channel said in a statement released Thursday.

“E! has now concluded the investigation into allegations regarding Ryan Seacrest,” a network spokesperson said. “The investigation, conducted by outside counsel, found insufficient evidence to support the claims against Seacrest and therefore could not be substantiated. E! is committed to providing a safe working environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.”

NBCUniversal-owned E! launched an investigation in November into alleged misconduct by Seacrest. The claim stemmed from an alleged incident reported by a former stylist who worked at E! News when Seacrest also worked there. The incident, the details of which remain unknown, was alleged to have occurred roughly a decade ago.

In a statement in November, Seacrest said, “Recently, someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me nearly a decade ago at E! News, came forward with a complaint suggesting I behaved inappropriately toward her. If I made her feel anything but respected, I am truly sorry. I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result. I treat all my colleagues with kindness, dignity, and understanding, as this is a principle that’s core to who I am. Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be. I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question. I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”

Wow So far E! is dealing with this allegation on misconduct but note we have to wait and see how KIIS/Iheart, Disney and the owners of American Idol handle the allegations mentioned in this article.

This is getting out of control. I think every man will eventually end up guilty of this.
How can we be held responsible for something that's in our DNA?

This is getting out of control. I think every man will eventually end up guilty of this.

Umm not so fast. You need an army of Dexter Morgans and other vigilante groups to hijack the Metoo movement. You need Jodi Arias, Alex Jones and Edgar Welch to start inciting deaths on the accused harassers or other misconduct allegations.

One famous (and now off the air) talk host suggested to men to never, ever interact with women at work, unless a) there was another person in the room and b) it was strictly business related. I can see his point now.

Have you ever noticed that women are portrayed as nice people on TV and in the movies? But, in real life, they are not. I think some guys get confused.

Have you ever noticed that women are portrayed as nice people on TV and in the movies? But, in real life, they are not. I think some guys get confused.

Some women are nice, others are not.
Same as with men. Some are nice, others are not.

It makes no sense to generalize. And certainly makes no sense to use TV as your standard.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ryan-seacrest-abc-e-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202711851/

Here is an update though. But wait at some point once more allegations come out on Seacrest the Owners of American Idol, Disney/ABC and Iheart will have to all make a joint decision to fire Seacrest basically in the same form that PBS and CBS did when they had to deal with the Charlie Rose Scandal.

source close to both programs told Variety that Seacrest would appear as planned on New York-based “Live” on Feb. 27 and would be in Los Angeles the following weekend to film “Idol.”

The “Idol” and “Live” gigs deepened Seacrest’s relationship with ABC, where he has hosted “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” since 2005. Last year he inked an overall deal for scripted programming development at ABC Studios, moving his Ryan Seacrest Prods. there from CBS Television Studios.

A spokesperson for ABC declined to comment for this story.

Seacrest continues to have a relationship with E!, where he produces “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.” Although he no longer works on the daily “E! News” telecast, he still hosts event coverage for the cable channel. Asked via email whether Seacrest will, as planned, is to serve as host for the channel’s red-carpet pre-show for the Academy Awards, an E! spokesperson wrote, “Of course he is.”

Seacrest’s presence on the red carpet in the wake of detailed harassment and abuse allegations has the potential to create an embarrassing situation for E! and the host. Awards-show red carpets have been dominated this year by the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, sparked by coverage of sexual harassment in the entertainment industry. At the Golden Globe Awards in January, most women wore black dresses in a show of support for the movements. Several actresses, including Meryl Streep and Emma Watson, brought advocates for sexual-assault victims with them as guests and were accompanied by them in their red-carpet interviews.

Hate to see this happen to him. Ryan is from the local market here. He grew up one township north of me.

Wouldn't it be nice if one of the gals like Rose McGowan would get in Ryan's face as he tries to interview them on the Red Carpet this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom