• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KAAY night time back at full tilt

For the last two nights, KAAY has been back at 50kw and its DA at night...blasting all over the SE and Mid West US......Cant believe Cumeless spent the $500K to do it...New NX50 Nautel and Kintronics Phasor....Only thing original is the towers...

Enjoy

For the last two nights, KAAY has been back at 50kw and its DA at night...blasting all over the SE and Mid West US......Cant believe Cumeless spent the $500K to do it...New NX50 Nautel and Kintronics Phasor....Only thing original is the towers...

Enjoy

Now bring back the Top 40 format of the 60s & early 70s and we'll be in business :)

If they stay with their usual dollar a holler format they might as well stay on low power for my part. But they don't have Stair to fill their time with any more at least.

If they stay with their usual dollar a holler format they might as well stay on low power for my part. But they don't have Stair to fill their time with any more at least.

Cumeless still owns it...Top40 would be nice but unless the AM receivers get better (ie: mandated by the FCC), it's not gonna happen

Cumeless still owns it...Top40 would be nice but unless the AM receivers get better (ie: mandated by the FCC), it's not gonna happen

And even then, there'd have to be a turnaround in attitude either by 55+ listeners or by advertising professionals, because conventional industry wisdom is you don't buy 55+ because they're stuck in their ways and it costs too much to interest them in switching brands, let alone trying a new product. Of course, if you're talking about putting CURRENT Top 40 (aka CHR) on KAAY, you might prefer listening to Bro. Stair.

BTW, I lived in Arkansas in the late '70s, when KAAY was still Top 40. I preferred the FM signal of KKYK even then.

It doesn't matter if receivers get better or not when no one is buying them.

Brokered religious may not be as lucrative as it once was, but I can imagine KAAY is still billing plenty with minimal effort. Oldies wouldn't even come close.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom