• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

She's BaaaaaK!

Hey it takes a tough cookie to handle the overnight and 25hrs a week.

And who is this person?

Norm,

"This person" is Jennifer Brien.

She's done talk on WXTK, WRKO, and, for what would be essentially her "fifteen minutes of fame", was the overnight host on WBZ shortly after Jordan Rich retired. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, she was let go after only a few months.

I don't know her personally, have never met her, but I thought she did a great job on WRKO between 1:00 and 3:00 afternoons, until she got booted when Michelle McPhee returned thereto. She's also been heard from time to time on WHJJ, Providence; she is a RI native.

You will notice that many people on these boards seem to have a string dislike for her, some justified, but most not.

The link to the FB page seems to be broken. Can you provide us with some details on her return? She was not my cup of tea when she was on RKO and I didn't listen to her very often on BZ. I was very sad to learn that she lost her job at BZ. Before she got the BZ gig, she worked as a home health aid in addition to her radio jobs to make ends meet. I hope she is back on her feet and continues to stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm,

"This person" is Jennifer Brien.

She's done talk on WXTK, WRKO, and, for what would be essentially her "fifteen minutes of fame", was the overnight host on WBZ shortly after Jordan Rich retired. Unfortunately, due to personal issues, she was let go after only a few months.

I don't know her personally, have never met her, but I thought she did a great job on WRKO between 1:00 and 3:00 afternoons, until she got booted when Michelle McPhee returned thereto. She's also been heard from time to time on WHJJ, Providence; she is a RI native.

You will notice that many people on these boards seem to have a string dislike for her, some justified, but most not.

Oh dear God, not that whackjob. She was terrible on RKO and even worse on BZ.

She took the place of Steve Leveille weekday overnights. Jordan Rich was replaced by Weekend Live rotating hosts.

I liked her on WXTK and WRKO. On WBZ things were erratic to say the least - both whether she would show up for work or not and the topics. Dan Rea was frequently working an extra hour or so during her tenure. Just saw a few old clips online of Steve Leveille and am reminded how much I enjoyed his show.

OK, fine, but will Ms Brien actually have an on-air shift anywhere? Her being interviewed on some obscure Internet show hardly qualifies as "being back".

She apparently co-hosts morning drive on WHJJ in Providence. (Edited to remove unsubstantiated accusation.)

Last edited by a moderator:

It's neither "unsubstantiated" nor is it an "accusation". She's done interviews on the topic, and it's commendable.

Then post link; otherwise it is an accusation.

Note that the post with the link has not been edited.

These IHEART Sites are awful.

I agree wholeheartedly!

The old WBZ AM 1030 site at cbsboston.com and even Entercom's wrko.com knocked the socks off of their current respective iHeart sites, especially when you want to do anything other than listen to a stream; the latter is where iHeart excels.

Aside: on iHeart's Smooth Jazz site - one of the very best music channels, BTW - I do like being able to up/down vote particular musical selections.

I have complied with this directive multiple times. Each time, my post has been deleted. Why?

Please use a private message for comments, complaints or suggestions on site administration. Do not post in the open forum. We'd be pleased to respond, but via the proper channel.

The CBS Boston site had anything related directly to radio totally buried except for the links to listen to the audio stream.

The biggest critique I have the iheart site is I wish they would put the staff names and bio's back on the site - but even on the CBS Boston site while they had the bio's up you had to hunt around for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom