• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Scott Baio on Misconduct allegations

And they could start with a former reality show TV star, who just happens to now be the President. Could you imagine?

I would love to see Trump sit for a polygraph. Stormy Daniels already passed her polygraph exam, it is time for the other side to sit down and take one too.

The same reason all the gals and guys didn't promptly report the rapes by Weinstien, Cosby, Spacey, etc... Fear of retribution! It was a career ender to report sex assault by a powerful guy.

Also if you want to stop the retribution of the victims you would have to start calling for summary executions on the accused and seize their brains to see what caused the accused to go insane. Also you would have to pardon vigilantes who kill the predators in the process. It's going to take more research and one has to be willing to break an egg to make an omelet as collateral damage.

The same reason all the gals and guys didn't promptly report the rapes by Weinstien, Cosby, Spacey, etc... Fear of retribution! It was a career ender to report sex assault by a powerful guy.

She had nothing to fear once she was done with the show. Her career has been over for 20 years. Nothing to lose.

She had nothing to fear once she was done with the show. Her career has been over for 20 years. Nothing to lose.
Probably but in this era who knows. But then again we need a few male celebrities/broadcasting talent to get attacked with an allegation and execution by vigilantes given the direction we are going today. Maybe its easier to have a Creep Catchers incident where a man catfishes other men especially Baio and go for the attack. Given the way things are going.

Maybe that's the reason why her career was done and over with 20 years ago. Maybe she was fed up and disgusted with working alongside the perverts who seem to populate the entertainment industry and knew if she spoke up she would have no future. Ask Mira Sorvino. I side with thvictim on this.

But you ignore the question why she waited 30 years. If she was fed up then, that was the time to file charges.

A month later but if you also notice a lot of people seem to wait a long time before they bring i up, don't forget about that one guy that accused Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct many years later that said it happened when he was 14.

A month later but if you also notice a lot of people seem to wait a long time before they bring i up, don't forget about that one guy that accused Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct many years later that said it happened when he was 14.

It is real easy to question the motives or timeliness of complaints from sexual assault survivors. There is a whole body of psychological work that explains why some victims delay or never report their assaults. One of the big ones is that they assume (with some credence) that people won't believe them. Embarrassment over discussing intimate body parts and interactions is another. The attackers power, authority and position may also dissuade prompt reporting. Many times the victims just want to put the incident behind them and reporting it with the media and legal implications is perceived as rehashing the terror.

Why do some people report these crimes after waiting sometimes decades? They might be inspired by witnessing another victim coming forward and sharing their story. This is particularly true if the other person's plight is similar to theirs or involves the same perpetrator. Sometimes they report it with the passage of time and the realization that the perpetrator can't really hurt them anymore and was never punished for their crimes.

I use to be one of those skeptical dudes who would reflexively question and doubt sexual misconduct allegations that weren't promptly reported. My views evolved with time and after I met a friend who courageously asserted sexual assault charges against her step father a decade after they occurred. In getting to know her and discussing this issue with her I came to know that victim reluctance to report sexual misconduct is real.

My views evolved with time and after I met a friend who courageously asserted sexual assault charges against her step father a decade after they occurred. In getting to know her and discussing this issue with her I came to know that victim reluctance to report sexual misconduct is real.

Ten years is fine. That's not the case here. In addition, there have been no other charges made against this particular actor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom