820AM heard on 98.3 FM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 820AM heard on 98.3 FM

820AM heard on 98.3 FM

When I was tuning into 98.3 for MAX98.3 this morning. I heard a million commericals and promos for Bubba The Love Sponge and the rest of their lame programming that is heard on 820AM WWBA. I guess it means more bad FM radio in Tampa-St.Pete market. The last thing we need is a LPFM station which is a AM ratings failure. I am mad that WWRZ Max98.3 will not be able to be heard unless you live in Lakeland. Thanks Genesis for wasting another good frequency with your lousy talk station.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Men View Post
    The last thing we need is a LPFM station which is a[n] AM ratings failure.
    Translators are not LPFMs!
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Men View Post
    When I was tuning into 98.3 for MAX98.3 this morning. I heard a million commericals and promos for Bubba The Love Sponge and the rest of their lame programming that is heard on 820AM WWBA. I guess it means more bad FM radio in Tampa-St.Pete market. The last thing we need is a LPFM station which is a AM ratings failure. I am mad that WWRZ Max98.3 will not be able to be heard unless you live in Lakeland. Thanks Genesis for wasting another good frequency with your lousy talk station.
    If they interfere with any listeners of WWRZ, Hall Communications will file a complaint and potentially shut them down.

They went after the WTMP's translator on 97.5 recently.

I guess Bubba needs an FM translator to get Genesis out of their rating doldrums.

mostly St. Petersburg,FL (2nd listening post is extreme eastern Hernando county Florida)
    Hall Communications has had a history of interference problems with stations in the St. Petersburg/Tampa market. Back when WHNZ 1250 had HD, the digital sidebands/hash interfered with Hall owned 1230-WONN in extreme west Lakeland, in the area of county line road and even points a mile or two east of County Line Rd; of course with WHNZ no longer broadcasting in HD, it’s not a problem. I don’t know if any complaints were filed at that time.

Much to my surprise, I was able to hear the 98.3 translator here in the SE corner of Hudson. It was noisy, but it was definitely the translator, I heard a promo for programs on 820.
    Larry
    Lake Wobegone, FL

W252DF is and has been translating WSRQ from Sarasota for at least the last two months that I have been here,
    but they have been listed as translating WWBA with a CP to move from Sarasota to Largo.
    Will this be a new translator or is the existing one going to move.

WSRQ is only promoting 106.9 and 1220 AM.
    However, 98.3 is still the best way to hear them.

W252DF is now translating WWBA and is the ONLY translator in the Bay area that I can hear from the SRQ airport area.
    MAX is waging a losing battle under them, but I believe that the two will flip-flop with the weather and my direction of travel.

98.3 has been off several hours at least today. Guess no one noticed or was put in charge to monitor this.
    I usually hear it loud and clear in Pinellas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast