• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ksan (107.7 the bone) programming errors

I have to ask - isn't FM music radio becoming increasingly irrelevant? Between MP3s, internet sites like Spotify and Pandora, and all the free music videos on You Tube - why would I want to be subjected to anybody else's playlist? I can build my own in just a few minutes on Spotify.

I may be in the minority, but the thing that made radio special were the personalities (DJs), but now they're so limited in how often they can open the mic - and generally just voice-track a few trivial comments or show-bizzy gossip tidbits that are barely connected to the music. That may be what listeners want in general, but not me.

I agree 100%.... I think FM radio is dying, especially music stations. Even on the AM dial, I rarely actually listen to any stations. If I do, I'll steam them through an app in my car.

I agree 100%.... I think FM radio is dying, especially music stations. Even on the AM dial, I rarely actually listen to any stations. If I do, I'll steam them through an app in my car.

Streaming is a platform. If you listen to a radio station stream, it is still listening to that particular station.

And, as I said before, 90% of adults use radio, and the average usage per week is about 9 1/2 to 10 hours.

Hardly dying.

I was in Oahu last week listening to 93.1, and they played Landon McNamara's "Loss for Words" every twenty minutes (nice song). They also do the same for anything new Bruno Mars puts out. I guess you have to hype the local guys.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom