• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Surprise move by Ryan Cameron

Ryan Cameron is extremely talented, one of the most talented people ever on the radio in Atlanta.

This sounds like a great move to me. He's been to the top of the radio mountain, and he's 52 years old.

The big question now of course is what V-103 will do about mornings. Ryan Cameron's predecessor, Frank Ski, is on the air weekends, but I doubt they'll put him back in mornings. They have Big Tigger in afternoon drive. (Why does his name sound dirty to me?) And they have Emperor Searcy, former Hot 107-9 star, on weekends.

V-103 has always had great talent in mornings. They're now Entercom and no longer CBS. I wonder whether Entercom would be willing to spend the money to bring in someone top notch from another market. I don't know the answer, but I'd bet longtime Market Manager Rick Caffey has a lot of leverage.

Ryan Cameron is extremely talented, one of the most talented people ever on the radio in Atlanta.

This sounds like a great move to me. He's been to the top of the radio mountain, and he's 52 years old.

The big question now of course is what V-103 will do about mornings. Ryan Cameron's predecessor, Frank Ski, is on the air weekends, but I doubt they'll put him back in mornings. They have Big Tigger in afternoon drive. (Why does his name sound dirty to me?) And they have Emperor Searcy, former Hot 107-9 star, on weekends.

V-103 has always had great talent in mornings. They're now Entercom and no longer CBS. I wonder whether Entercom would be willing to spend the money to bring in someone top notch from another market. I don't know the answer, but I'd bet longtime Market Manager Rick Caffey has a lot of leverage.

Why do you doubt they will bring Frank Ski back? Seems he's "available!" With Joyner starting right next door at 102.9, and all the other morning competition, don't you think they need a "star" to replace Cameron?

Well, I was obviously wrong about Frank Ski. My thinking was they would want to skew younger and bring in a fresh show. But I just read in Radio Facts that Ski is indeed returning to mornings.

Well, I was obviously wrong about Frank Ski. My thinking was they would want to skew younger and bring in a fresh show. But I just read in Radio Facts that Ski is indeed returning to mornings.

Ms Sophia is also coming back according to the trades.
Your thinking makes a lot of sense. How do you see the Urban mornings panning out? Who will win and who will lose?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom