Thread: Merediths Portland My Network affiliate gets renamed Fox Plus.

Merediths Portland My Network affiliate gets renamed Fox Plus.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/mynetwor...station/199510

Note this is the first time that a My Network TV station not owned by Fox uses the Fox Plus brand. And its co-owned with Meredith Fox Affiliate KPTV in Portland Oregon.

Note Fox Plus brand started in San Francisco with Fox renaming KICU-TV the secondary Fox station as KTVU Plus named after KTVU Fox 2 in the San Francisco area.

They have never been called My Network TV even though they are affiliated with them. They've been called PDX-TV. But I guess they're following the trends of the O&Os.
    782 AM's in the log, 659 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KNCM-91.3 MN and KCTX-96.1 TX 6/5/19
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    They have never been called My Network TV even though they are affiliated with them. They've been called PDX-TV. But I guess they're following the trends of the O&Os.
    And PDX 49 before hand. Not only that, local news on the weekends at 8 and 9 p.m. on FOX 12 Plus.
    TheRolyPoly Productions... Coming January 1st, 2020.

Owner of a SPARC SHD-TX2 Portable AM/FM/HD Radio and a Midland ER-210 Portable AM/FM/WX Radio.

Roly Ortega (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
    Blogposter for Changing Newscasts... The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog | #ChangingNewscasts
    Facebook: "Changing Newscasts"
    Wiki: The Changing Newscasts Wiki
    Newsletter: Changing Newscasts

Well Minneapolis had a similar issue where the My Network TV affiliate owned by Fox had renamed themselves Fox9 plus after the primary Fox O&O KMSP-TV in the market.

I think Phoenix and a few others besides the Fox owned Duopoly in San Francisco where the secondary station got renamed as Fox Plus because of ratings reasons just in case the Primary Fox Owned station has to pre-empt shows for breaking news or Sports schedule conflicts by Fox came into play.

I'm not sure how many My Network TV affiliates not owned by Fox will also use the Fox Plus name like Sinclair, Nexstar and others will start doing the same thing.