• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Stations carrying Westwood One's Lite AC feed

marce90

Inactive
Inactive User
I found a couple stations carrying Westwood One's Lite AC format like KJWL in Fresno and more recently KSCR in Eugene, Oregon. I would like to know what other stations carry the format.

I also know a station in Michigan carried this format up until late October last year when it flipped to Classic Hits.

103.1 WAKO Lawrenceville, Illinois is the only one I've been able to identify in my travels.

Here's a most of an hour worth while I waited for dinner to cook:
6:32pm: One Call Away - Charlie Puth
6:35pm: Commercials
6:40pm: Every Breath You Take - Police
6:44pm: Hello - Lionel Ritchie
6:48pm: Commercials
6:52pm: Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx
6:56pm: Have I told You Lately that I Love You - Rod Stewart
7:00pm: Take My Breath Away - Berlin
7:04pm: After All - Peter Cetera with Cher
7:08pm: Unwritten - Natasha Beddingfield
7:12pm: I Don't Want to Live Without You - Foreigner
7:16pm: 72 And Sunny - Spencer Day
7:19pm: Commercials

Another hour:
9:53: Kokomo - Beach Boys
9:57: I Need You - LeAnn Rimes
10:00: This Old Heart - Rod Stewart
10:04: After All THat We've Been Through - Chicago
10:08: I Missed You - Lisa Loeb
10:11: You Look Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
10:15: Water Under The Bridge - Adele
10:19: Commercials
10:24: My Life - Billy Joel
10:27: It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
10:31: After The Love Is Gone - Earth Wind & Fire
10:35: Commercials
10:37: Sweet Freedom - Michael McDonald
10:40: Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
10:45: Too Much Heaven - Bee Gees
10:49: Follow Me - Uncle Kracker
10:52: Hey Now - Crowded House
10:57: Fields of Gold - Sting

I don't know what I was thinking. Yes, "Don't Dream It's Over". Definitely not Smashmouth.

I don't know what I was thinking. Yes, "Don't Dream It's Over". Definitely not Smashmouth.

And the Smashmouth song is called "All-Star." And the other song I can think of in which the phrase "Hey now" is repeated also isn't called "Hey Now." That would be Hank Ballard & The Midnighters' "Finger Poppin' Time." What we need is a "hey now" hit actually titled "Hey Now"!

Ok. I found this thread/forum after extensively searching for Westwood One's Adult Contemporary music feed.
What happened is a local AM Radio Station finally shut down. They mentioned the problem with AM in this new world, yada yada... Unfortunately,
they played the best music ever and are now extremely hard to replace. To be fair, they do admit that they may come back with proper demand/support. This is one of the reasons I registered to reply here on this forum. The station was AM 1220 KLBB "The Club" out of Stillwater Minnesota - You can still see traces of it by searching now. Go ahead and fill out the "I'm interested e-form". They were on the internet all over the world. Everything you were reading above and expecting from an adult contemporary station was there, stemming from Westwood One, but they had a proprietary element to it as well which kept it from too much modern light rock. Karen Carpenter, Gloria Estefan, David Gates, Johnny Mathis and plenty of even older hit makers. Unreal. I miss them terribly and the world will be a better place with them back in business....
Other than that, so far, the only station I can even remotely compare is WUCF 89.9 HD2. They are out of Central Florida. I cannot guarantee any Westwood One feed, but what they play is almost a carbon copy with just a bit more modern hits added too. They are also on the internet and can reach the world that way.
Give me some feedback, perhaps I'll give my 2 cents on the stations listed replies above.

103.1 WAKO Lawrenceville, Illinois is the only one I've been able to identify in my travels.

I tried to get that using tune-in.

Wako Shot.jpg

No luck

Not available in my area - lol - the internet from Illinois doesn't reach me here. Oddly enough, Florida does though. Brilliant !

>>>
6:32pm: One Call Away - Charlie Puth
6:35pm: Commercials
6:40pm: Every Breath You Take - Police
6:44pm: Hello - Lionel Ritchie
6:48pm: Commercials
6:52pm: Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx
6:56pm: Have I told You Lately that I Love You - Rod Stewart
7:00pm: Take My Breath Away - Berlin
7:04pm: After All - Peter Cetera with Cher
7:08pm: Unwritten - Natasha Beddingfield
7:12pm: I Don't Want to Live Without You - Foreigner
7:16pm: 72 And Sunny - Spencer Day
7:19pm: Commercials

Another hour:
9:53: Kokomo - Beach Boys
9:57: I Need You - LeAnn Rimes
10:00: This Old Heart - Rod Stewart
10:04: Hard to Say I'm Sorry - Chicago
10:08: I Missed You - Lisa Loeb
10:11: You Look Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
10:15: Water Under The Bridge - Adele
10:19: Commercials
10:24: My Life - Billy Joel
10:27: It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
10:31: After The Love Is Gone - Earth Wind & Fire
10:35: Commercials
10:37: Sweet Freedom - Michael McDonald
10:40: Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
10:45: Too Much Heaven - Bee Gees
10:49: Follow Me - Uncle Kracker
10:52: Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House
10:57: Fields of Gold - Sting
<<<

That is a playlist I'm sure I'd enjoy. But I've never heard any affiliates. I didn't even know Westwood One had such a format. I've heard WW1's "America's Best Music" plenty of times in plenty of cities, although it seems every year we hear about more stations leaving. A Portland OR station just gave it up, and last year a Portland ME station also left the format. (You can hear on the internet 1220 WQUN Hamden CT, although some hours are local and some hours are sports.)

This format is unusual in that it spans a lot of decades. Some songs go back to the 70s, some are relatively recent. Usually these Soft AC formats don't do much current material. Also I see one song tossed in that was not a Top 10 hit. Spenser Day is a great new talent, heard on Smooth Jazz stations. But this song, "72 and Sunny," I've never heard before. Also note at 10:03, I think that's Chicago's "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" which has the line "After All That We've Been Through."

Soft AC has been getting great ratings in San Francisco (KISQ), Miami (WFEZ), Tampa (WDUV) and is showing promise in Jacksonville (WEZI) and Seattle (KSWD, formerly KMPS). Maybe this Soft AC format might catch on in smaller markets, where a station can't afford to program it on its own.

Everything you were reading above and expecting from an adult contemporary station was there, stemming from Westwood One, but they had a proprietary element to it as well which kept it from too much modern light rock. Karen Carpenter, Gloria Estefan, David Gates, Johnny Mathis and plenty of even older hit makers.
This sounds like Westwood One's America's Best Music.

>>>

Soft AC has been getting great ratings in San Francisco (KISQ), Miami (WFEZ), Tampa (WDUV) and is showing promise in Jacksonville (WEZI) and Seattle (KSWD, formerly KMPS). Maybe this Soft AC format might catch on in smaller markets, where a station can't afford to program it on its own.
This playlist is softer than WEZV Myrtle Beach. Also, WFEZ and WDUV have gotten away from the softer end of the format. I haven't streamed either one but I keep WEZV on in the background while listening to America's Best Music on WNAM (the default volume for WNAM is considerably louder) and I have checked the last song played several times on WDUV and WFEZ. They play some songs WEZV doesn't, so they are soft in the sense of being softer than some stations, but they're almost in a different format category than Westwood One's format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom