• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe Ligotti Returns

I would be interested to hear what those who tune in to WROL for DR. James Dobson's Focus on the Family show or the other religious offerings who hear Ligotii think.

I don't think WROL runs Dr. Dobson.

WROL has always been the Irish, infomercial, hobby, catholic-lite format little step-sister of WEZE.

Considering that they ran Roy Masters for 40 years or so in that time slot....I think the religious listeners won't be too shocked. ;-)

WROL has always been the Irish, infomercial, hobby, catholic-lite format little step-sister of WEZE.

Considering that they ran Roy Masters for 40 years or so in that time slot....I think the religious listeners won't be too shocked. ;-)

You are correct. I think Dobson and the rest of the preaching and teaching characters are on 590.

While in the car last Thursday, I tuned into Joe's show on WROL. I could only listen for a few minutes as you could also hear one of their religious stations at the same time. This was at 4pm not 4am when you could understand there could be a malfunction that could go undetected. Does anyone over in Quincy listen to what's going out over the air ?

Dobson hasn't been the host of Focus On the Family in quite some time. Jim Daly is the current host. Dobson has another show called Dr. Dobson's Family Talk.

Can't confirm, but: "Sad to hear of the passing of my friend Joe Ligotti…The Guy From Boston. Always a great guest on APIL. Joe was always kind, spot on, funny as hell and didn’t take crap from anyone! One of a kind. R.I.P. Joe "

Not sure where this came from, but Joe was posting on Facebook Monday evening.

It was on that Twitter account. It appears to be gone. I'd delete my post if I knew how.
A "Guy in Boston" was a great caller into Felger and Mazz over the past 12 years. He passed away a few weeks ago. His family notified the show over the Christmas break. F&M paid a nice tribute to him last Monday with a montage of calls which were always hysterical - very funny, brief and to the point. One of the best celebrity callers in the history of Boston sports radio. He was definitely one of F&M's audience's favorite. He was on the way older end of the demo and was having a few health issues in recent years.

No connection whatsoever to Joe Ligotti.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom