• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.1 HD-2 (KIFM) smooth jazz off the air

Signal Geek

Frequent Participant
No signal for days now on 98.1 HD2. Used to carry Smooth Jazz KIFM, a holdover from the days when KIFM was the main channel''s call letters.

I know it's just an HD2, so probably nobody cares, but KIFM had a long successful history in San Diego radio. Will it re-appear on one of Entercom's other HD2 channels? If not, kinda sad these legendary call letters died without a proper burial.

Entercom continues to program Smooth Jazz on several of its HD-2 channels that were formerly owned by CBS. In NYC, 102.7 WNEW-FM-HD2 continues playing Smooth Jazz. And in Hartford, 100.5 WRCH-HD2 still has its Smooth Jazz service. If I'm not mistaken, KTWV Los Angeles also has Smooth Jazz on 94.7 HD-2.

If you are a San Diego fan of Smooth Jazz, I encourage you to point this out to the management at 98.1 KXSN. Maybe this is just a temporary outage. But if nobody asks "Where's the KIFM Smooth Jazz programming?" management won't bother to put it back on.

There's been at least one other time when the HD signals of 98.1 were off-air. At the time, the KIFM website had a message encouraging listeners to listen online with the single station app or TuneIn. My guess is that this would be something similar. I suspect the bulk of KIFM listening is via streaming anyway.

There's been at least one other time when the HD signals of 98.1 were off-air. At the time, the KIFM website had a message encouraging listeners to listen online with the single station app or TuneIn. My guess is that this would be something similar. I suspect the bulk of KIFM listening is via streaming anyway.

Banner across the top of the website right now:

"HD Temporarily Down - Get The App To Listen!"

If you scroll back on the Facebook page to January 17, you see this:
"ATTENTION SMOOTH JAZZ FANS!!!
Smooth Jazz KIFM is moving buildings to a new studio and durring the transition our HD signal will be down temporarily.
Make sure you have the KIFM app so you don't miss a beat!!!"

And I got a similar email from Bob Radio:

Bob Radio is moving to a brand new state of the art facility so we can bring you the best reggae in crystal clear HD every day. However, in the process of making that move our signal on 94.9 HD2 will temporarily be going down.

Buuuuuuut the Bob Radio stream will still be going strong, so make sure you download our app so you don’t miss a beat!!

Banner across the top of the website right now:

"HD Temporarily Down - Get The App To Listen!"

If you scroll back on the Facebook page to January 17, you see this:
"ATTENTION SMOOTH JAZZ FANS!!!
Smooth Jazz KIFM is moving buildings to a new studio and durring the transition our HD signal will be down temporarily.
Make sure you have the KIFM app so you don't miss a beat!!!"
Thank you JohnDavis. Glad to hear Smooth Jazz KIFM will be back on HD2 soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom