WLS Lose the Sox and Bulls - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WLS Lose the Sox and Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wayne View Post
    Rumor has it the Sox are headed to WGN radio 720. Stay Tuned!
    That rumor has been around for a week or so, but so far no announcement from the White Sox or WGN.

WGN + White Sox = Bad idea.

Any new cume brought in the door from White Sox baseball isn't going to stick around for any of WGN's other programming.

My prediction is that the Sox will land on either WMVP or WIND.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

Any new cume brought in the door from White Sox baseball isn't going to stick around for any of WGN's other programming.
    As proven by the ratings at WLS.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    WGN + White Sox = Bad idea.

I doubt if Blackhawks fans stick around, or Cubs fans in the last few years of their tenure at WGN.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.

I don't think any sports broadcast does much to improve the ratings of dayside programming. If anything, baseball, with its relatively high quantity of day games, chases off core listeners.
    "Its music what makes a radio station, and at Live FM, we play the last music around."
    After receiving that copy, I quit the VO industry.

the Sox do not have nearly as many daytime weekday games as the Cubs, so this won't affect their dayparts as much. And, this may come in handy for WGN as it looks like the Hawks will miss the NHL Playoffs, so they can move into Sox broadcasts in the evening rather quickly.

It's now official. The Sox will air on WGN.

http://wgnradio.com/2018/02/14/wgn-r...hts-agreement/

There's just something earth-turning-on-its-axis about the Sox being on what was the longtime home of the Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    There's just something earth-turning-on-its-axis about the Sox being on what was the longtime home of the Cubs
    And vice versa.

Exactly. That said, it's a weird turn of events but an understandable one.
    WGN barely used to give the Sox the time of day when they carried the Cubs. I'm sure they'll do a great job as the flagship. As a Cubs fan, I'm plenty thrilled with the partnership with 670 and don't really miss them being on WGN other than the occasional flash of sentimentality.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast