• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack FM in Fayetteville

I've thought that 94.9 could be a candidate for a Jack FM for about a decade now...but personally, I hope they keep Radio Jon/Deek with the AAA format. It doesn't seem to be even pulling a 1 share from ratings that I am seeing online. However, with Jon Williams being the sales guy for that station, they might wind up billing well despite the seemingly low ratings. I would be curious to know how 104.9 The X has been doing since Jon and Deek left and starting mixing in more harder rock with their alternative format but the Butler owned stations seems to be missing from the ratings. Also, it seems that The Keg has been sounding more like The X and less like The Eagle as KKEG has dropped some of the older and softer classic rock.

94.9 would be a great candidate. They have a majority of the Jack songs. They would just need to get the ones they don't have, which is most rap and pop (they have a few rap acts played on the station, but it is, from what I would gather be limited to rock/rap crossover acts/albums such as Jay-Z's mashup album with Linkin Park plus his 99 Problems for some reason). I agree that 104.9 has been sounding harder. A lot more Rob Zombie/White Zombie, and other acts such as Avenged Sevenfold, etc have been getting played. Plus they play the occasional techno metal of Ramstein. 98.3 is a mainstream rock station now. I was fairly certain they were classic rock when we moved down here in September of 2017. 93.3 is from what I understand the only classic rock station here, but its signal is shotty in Farmington due to the Missouri affiliation (their tower is there despite being licensed to Fayetteville).

KIGL 93.3's tower is actually between Bella Vista and Pea Ridge. It's closer and has a more powerful stick than KAMO and Hot Mix 101.9.

Having said that, the signal is still going to be iffy in Farmington. Unlike most large markets, Northwest Arkansas doesn’t have a central tower location, and stations tend to be licensed all over.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom