Old tv shows on the radio - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old tv shows on the radio

Quote Originally Posted by TTalkradio1 View Post
    It's actually a Canadian station AM900 CHML, and the shows play 7 nights a week.
    Interesting idea. I can't think of any US stations that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TTalkradio1 View Post
    It's actually a Canadian station AM900 CHML, and the shows play 7 nights a week.

https://globalnews.ca/hamilton/progr...shows-900chml/
    As does Zoomer radio, AM740, out of Toronto on weeknights @ 10. Usually a drama piece followed by a comedy show. Can pick them up OTA pretty good in NE Ohio but you can listen to them online as well. Old radio shows but some that ended up becoming TV shows [Dragnet, Green Hornet, etc.]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Interesting idea. I can't think of any US stations that do it.
    I don't know if it's even still on the air, but at least a few years ago there was a program "When Radio Was" that aired on stations across the country. I know at one time 600 WICC up in Bridgeport carried the show. As did WLIS/WMRD in Middletown/Old Saybrook, CT.

The old USA Radio Network carried old-time shows too circa 2002.

More recently I heard an old time radio show on The Talk of Connecticut on a Saturday Night.

I don't know if it's still around, but there used to be "Twlight Zone Radio". The above mentioned WLIS/WMRD used to air that too.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    I don't know if it's even still on the air, but at least a few years ago there was a program "When Radio Was" that aired on stations across the country. I know at one time 600 WICC up in Bridgeport carried the show. As did WLIS/WMRD in Middletown/Old Saybrook, CT.

The old USA Radio Network carried old-time shows too circa 2002.

More recently I heard an old time radio show on The Talk of Connecticut on a Saturday Night.

I don't know if it's still around, but there used to be "Twlight Zone Radio". The above mentioned WLIS/WMRD used to air that too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tw...adio_series%29

http://www.whenradiowas.com/

Can't really tell from either website whether they're still on any stations or if they just exist as stand alone sites that you can order from. I know [at least in my area] that the last original CBS radio mystery shows ended in 1979 [but continued on elsewhere till 1982] as a station around here used to broadcast them late in the evening. While everyone else was watching TV, I was in my room listening to it. And apparently you can listen to all 1399 CBS Radio Mystery Theater shows online for free!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    Yep, we got that for years in Fresno on KMJ. It still exists, but I haven't heard it on an actual radio station for quite awhile.

A weekly show, Hollywood 360, airs on many stations and plays old time radio comedies and dramas. As noted, the Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke and Dragnet, among others, had their start on radio before transitioning to TV and, in some cases, film.

Quote Originally Posted by umfan View Post
    A weekly show, Hollywood 360, airs on many stations and plays old time radio comedies and dramas. As noted, the Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke and Dragnet, among others, had their start on radio before transitioning to TV and, in some cases, film.
    That's the show I heard on The Talk of Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by umfan View Post
    A weekly show, Hollywood 360, airs on many stations and plays old time radio comedies and dramas.
    But what the OP was talking about is airing old time radio five nights a week. TTBOMK it's not done in the US.

I believe KELY in Ely, NV does air classic radio programs in the early morning hours every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12