WXLO Coming In Loud And Clear in Revere - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WXLO Coming In Loud And Clear in Revere

Shouldn't WXLO-FM worry about their signal in Worcester, instead of Boston? I know it's licensed to Fitchburg, but serves the Worcester radio market. My two clearest signals in the city itself are WSRS-FM 96.1 and WWFX-FM 100.1 Southbridge. The country station on 98.9 was always a challenge when traveling through the area on I-84 or I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike. To this day, I still wonder why WAAF-FM 107.3 moved in their attempt to serve Boston. That one was so stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by KML-224 View Post
    Shouldn't WXLO-FM worry about their signal in Worcester, instead of Boston? I know it's licensed to Fitchburg, but serves the Worcester radio market. My two clearest signals in the city itself are WSRS-FM 96.1 and WWFX-FM 100.1 Southbridge. The country station on 98.9 was always a challenge when traveling through the area on I-84 or I-90/Massachusetts Turnpike. To this day, I still wonder why WAAF-FM 107.3 moved in their attempt to serve Boston. That one was so stupid!
    $$$$$$$$$

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KML-224 View Post
    Shouldn't WXLO-FM worry about their signal in Worcester, instead of Boston?
    They cume 55,000 in the Worcester market, and over 400,000 in the Boston market. As Tomgsinger said, $$$
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

I hear them mentioning as far as Newton in their headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    I hear them mentioning as far as Newton in their headers.
    What's a "header"?
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

They cume 55,000 in the Worcester market, and over 400,000 in the Boston market. As Tomgsinger said, $$$
    Are there any other stations in the area that cume higher in Boston than in their home market?

What's a "header"?
    Promo?
    tom in frraaanklinnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Wbzfm2010 View Post
    Promo?
    I was thinking liner, sweeper or drop. I'd just never heard the term "header".

Sorry, I just didn't know what they are called. It was a station I.D., but not at the top of the hour.

That's what I was thinking wrong word sorry.
    tom in frraaanklinnnn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast