• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rob Stadler out at NewsRadio 106.7

It's difficult to know what Mr. Lee is thinking or how this will work out.

Moving to a talk show takes 106.7 out of the direct onslaught of WSB's "Atlanta's Morning News," which is a juggernaut. On the other hand, most stations that air talk programming have a news show in morning drive, and research and ratings have proven that's what talk listeners want.

This will be interesting to watch, but my guess is ratings will stay about the same.

Mr. Lee might be thinking that by programming talk in AM drive, talk listeners will move their radios to 106.7 and remain there after 9, when WSB's talk programming starts. While that makes sense for radio in general, in talk radio the host in many cases is more important to listeners than a music jock, and their dials will probably move to where their favorite host holds forth.

I remember listening to Rob on the air at Star 94 when the bomb went off at that abortion clinic in the metro. His reporting was riveting, and the most amazing part was that it was happening on a music station! I don't know Rob, have never met him, but judging from his on air work, he's an incredible professional. Any news organization should be happy to take him on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom