Rob Stadler out at NewsRadio 106.7

Thread: Rob Stadler out at NewsRadio 106.7

It's difficult to know what Mr. Lee is thinking or how this will work out.

Moving to a talk show takes 106.7 out of the direct onslaught of WSB's "Atlanta's Morning News," which is a juggernaut. On the other hand, most stations that air talk programming have a news show in morning drive, and research and ratings have proven that's what talk listeners want.

This will be interesting to watch, but my guess is ratings will stay about the same.

Mr. Lee might be thinking that by programming talk in AM drive, talk listeners will move their radios to 106.7 and remain there after 9, when WSB's talk programming starts. While that makes sense for radio in general, in talk radio the host in many cases is more important to listeners than a music jock, and their dials will probably move to where their favorite host holds forth.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post

This will be interesting to watch, but my guess is ratings will stay about the same.
    I think you're right, and they've budgeted accordingly.

I think it's sad that a city the size of Atlanta can only support a couple of working radio newsrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by On the Dial View Post
    I think it's sad that a city the size of Atlanta can only support a couple of working radio newsrooms.
    It speaks volumes about how well WSB does news! Remember also...95.5 will soon be 100,000 watts from downtown.

I remember listening to Rob on the air at Star 94 when the bomb went off at that abortion clinic in the metro. His reporting was riveting, and the most amazing part was that it was happening on a music station! I don't know Rob, have never met him, but judging from his on air work, he's an incredible professional. Any news organization should be happy to take him on.

Quote Originally Posted by wavo View Post
    It speaks volumes about how well WSB does news!
    I expect things to get even better once they combine broadcasting and newspaper businesses.

WSB is calling..

Why are they still calling 106.7 News Radio? Isn't it now Talk Radio?