• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jerry Van Dyke, Emmy-Nominated ‘Coach’ Actor, Dies at 86

mvcg66b3r

Star Participant
Jerry Van Dyke, the younger brother of actor Dick Van Dyke and a four-time Emmy nominee, died Friday in Arkansas. He was 86.

Jerry’s wife, Shirley Ann Jones, told the New York Times that his health had deteriorated since a traffic accident in 2015.

Van Dyke’s television career began in tandem with his brother’s, as one of his earliest appearances was on “The Dick Van Dyke Show” in 1962 as Stacey Petrie.

Van Dyke was best known for his role as Assistant Coach Luther Van Dam on ABC’s “Coach,” which earned him four Emmy nominations.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/people-news/jerry-van-dyke-coach-actor-dead-dies-1202655598/

Sad news. I liked him in a lot in "Coach" and I've seen him in so many other places.

Last week on "The Middle" Mike took his father to a special place to die (and finally convinced him he had plenty to live for). Now his wife won't get a last visit with her father, at least not on screen.

I remember when he was a bumbling deputy on "The Andy Griffith Show". He looked so much like Dick. Imagine Dick as Clark Kent. And he just got pushed around by bad guys while saying, "I Got a Badge". I think he was being considered as a replacement for Barney.

I loved the way he played the banjo on the Dick Van Dyke Show. RIP!
Jerry did a lip-sync of Frankie Laine's "Mule Train" on Carson one night a LONG time ago.....he held a toy covered wagon during the bit.....
One of the very FUNNIEST things I've ever seen in my life!!!
You Tube MUST have a clip of this somewhere.....!!!:)

Carson Productions appears to have taken an iron grip over clips from the old Tonight Show.
I fail to find almost anything from it on YouTube now.

His character was not mentioned in the episode, but last week "The Middle" showed his photo and honored him at the end.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom